Darwin Awards of Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

fppf..... :shocked2:..

:rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That's gotta be the best story I've heard so far, but am amazed the computer dude has enough money to own a bag of dive computers.

fppf..... :shocked2:..

:rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:
:rofl3::rofl3::rofl3::rofl3:

That's gotta be the best story I've heard so far, but am amazed the computer dude has enough money to own a bag of dive computers.

Yeah, tell me about it. He did "look" like he had money. But yeah, they where little wrist pucks. But still most likely $300 each or so.

There was a married couple diving on a charter boat I was on this summer who had an interesting approach to ending a dive. They just dived until one of them ran out of air ... then did an ESA to the surface and signaled the boat to come pick them up. Claimed they've been doing it that way for years without a problem ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I was called upon to shoot some underwater video for a news team doing a story about the local police dive team. I was told the two reporters doing the feature had been "coached" in the pool by members of the team. I assumed it was similar to a "discover scuba" class. When we hit the lake, which was pretty murky, my assignment was to tape the reporters and dive team at ten feet while they "practiced" underwater recovery techniques. While we were still standing in the shallows, I filmed and listened as the captain of the team briefed the reporters. "Nothing bad will happen, but if it does, just hit this button (the inflator). That'll take you right to the surface."
I found out later that no one on the police team is an instructor, and only one of them (not the captain) is a divemaster.
Is it still a candidate for a Darwin award if it puts SOMEONE ELSE in the infirmary?

No, Darwin awards can only be given to people that manage to kill them self in some stupid you should know better way. And they must also commit the act before having a chance to procreate and carry on the stupid genes.

No, Darwin awards can only be given to people that manage to kill them self in some stupid you should know better way. And they must also commit the act before having a chance to procreate and carry on the stupid genes.

Agree either that or add some chlorine to their gene pool. :D

... "Computer Man" as I like to refer to him....
I see him grab a bag, take off his dive computer and pulls out another one. He must have had almost a dozen computers in the bag. So, feeling as if I'm going to explode if I don't ask, "wow that's a lot of computers, why so many?" Said diver responds "Well, I use them and when I surface they say violation or something like that and wont work on the second dive. So I just get a new one so I can keep diving"

That's funny stuff!

Reminds me of the guy that came in to the local dive shop asking to replace his computer. Why? It would not stop beeping and flashing "To Fast" and then it would just stop and flash "DECO".:wink:

That's funny stuff!

Reminds me of the guy that came in to the local dive shop asking to replace his computer. Why? It would not stop beeping and flashing "To Fast" and then it would just stop and flash "DECO".:wink:

Sounds like a faulty model to me.

stupid is forever ignorant can be fixed......well most of the time anyway:shakehead:

Back
Top Bottom