Datamask Link Issues...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

egdiver

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Scenario,
I use a Data mask as my primary dive computer, I use a VT3 as a back up, each unit has it's own Xmitter.
Upon first boot (dry) neither unit would link, No matter what the proximity or position.
In the water both were intermittent, never linking at the same time.
The Data mask, when it would link, would display the turn alarm and then the main dive screen.
Is there any known interference between Xmitters ?

I would appreciate any help on this, Tech Support did not reply to a previously sent email...

Thanks,
RD

I've heard other people on my dive trip talking about some sort of interference between different diver's Xmitters.
From my opinoin, I'd have my backup on the hose.

Doug,

Is there any way to get the two computers to use the SAME transmitters? I to have a Datamask and was thinking of getting a backup computer..

Blaise

Hi eg -

Transmitters are individually coded - to prevent any interference. Give our guys in tech support a call - 800-435-3483, ext.761.

I've had 2 different datamasks both lossing link underwater. The spec says they work up to 3 feet. I tested my last one at home just 12" appart and it lost the link. I've sent it back in again! Try it out of the water and see if yours works up to 3 feet. Maybe the same issue.

wayne

I tried again this past Saturday with a slightly different placement of xmitters, still had the problem, although the batteries are within spec. Next is to try new batts. in both xmittrs and receivers.

Did the new unit work out ?

I've had 2 different datamasks both lossing link underwater. The spec says they work up to 3 feet. I tested my last one at home just 12" appart and it lost the link. I've sent it back in again! Try it out of the water and see if yours works up to 3 feet. Maybe the same issue.

wayne

It losses link if its more than 12 inches from the mask. I'm sending it back. Hope Oceanic can find out what the issue is. It's really frustrating to get 0 air remaining when you're at 100 feet down!

Wayne

I sent my data mask, vt3 and both xmitter's to the teck guys at Oceanic. I am waiting for thier reply on the issues !
stay tuned...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom