Datamask Owners!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Shark, You've had a few dives on your mask. Look at the screws that hold the computer compartment in place. Are the edges of the screws white and corroded? It seems that such corrosion is taking place on most all the Datamasks. After just a few dives, signs of corrosion are not good. Kent

No news from the manufacturer yet?

I wonder too, it would be nice to hear from them

I sent Doug a PM, hopefully he'll get a chance to pop in. I know he was pretty busy with DEMA, but he hasn't been on the board since Oct 24.

I sent Doug a PM, hopefully he'll get a chance to pop in. I know he was pretty busy with DEMA, but he hasn't been on the board since Oct 24.

Maybe Nick Hollis or that Dive Right In guy will know what's going on with them. It's the same mask for Oceanic, Aeris and Hollis if I'm not mistaken. I know Nick Hollis and the other guy were pretty vocal about them (the masks) not too long ago. I suspect that the other brands will have exactky the same problems as the Oceanics.

OK, sorry for my late response. First, the good news. We've just uploaded OceanLog 2.1.6 to Oceanic Worldwide - Owner Services - Software. This should correct all reports in this thread.

Release Notes:
1. Added international languages: Italian, French, Spanish
2. Fixed min. temp. for ATOM 2.0 dive details
3. Fixed Turn PSI shown 625 BAR under User Defined Set Point Options when Turn PSI is OFF (in Metric)
4. Fixed beginning and ending point of dive graph
5. Fixed ending tank pressure for DataMask
6. Fixed re-indexing LTDN
7. Changed dive graph style

There are other reports (flooding, corroded screws and USB cable connection) that I will need to get more information from our support group and will update this thread as soon as possible.

Doug

Thanks Doug.

I installed the new version. It seems to be fine, but I wasn't having issues with 2.1.5.

One idea about the dive details screen -- why does the app only show 6 lines of data, then the graph? Can that be made user-resizable? I run my screen at 1900x1200, so the data and the graph only takes up half of my screen. It would be nice to see more than 6 lines of data.

I am brand new to scuba. Bought a new DataMask at my local dive store for my open water down in Monterey California. Got down there first dive and as soon as we descended it started saying it lost signal from the Pressure Transmitter. At about 10 feet it started beeping at me, and then I noticed water behind the glass, and the computer stoped working. When I got the the surface it was flooded and dead :depressed:. Off it goes to Oceanic, now just debating weather I should keep it or upgrade to a Galileo Sol???

Gilman,
First, Oceanic will take care of you; no matter what you decide to do. They are a good, customer-oriented company.
Next.... personally, I would get an Oceanic VT3 computer. It is the same technology as the Datamask. However, when you look at it, it (the VT3) will give you dramatically more information than your Datamask will. Additionally, you will then be free to choose a mask which has larger lenses on it and better peripheral vision. When you choose a Datamask, you no longer have the choice of getting whatever mask you want. Also, if you're at all interested in downloading your dives and saving them to your computer, it is DRAMATICALLY easier to do it with the VT3 than with the Datamask. In fact, with the Datamask, your chances of making a good connection and doing a good download are reduced. The VT3 is an excellent computer, and also VERY user friendly. (Don't get ANY computer with more than 2 or 3 buttons on it as it would be less likely to be as User Friendly). If/when you return the Datamask, not only will you have plenty of money to buy a VT3, but you will have enough money to also buy most any (of many) masks that are available. You will definately be able to get a mask that provides better vision, and also which weighs less.
Good Day,
Kent

Gilman,
First, Oceanic will take care of you; no matter what you decide to do. They are a good, customer-oriented company.
Next.... personally, I would get an Oceanic VT3 computer. It is the same technology as the Datamask. However, when you look at it, it (the VT3) will give you dramatically more information than your Datamask will.
Good Day,
Kent

I agree Oceanic will take care of you but I don't agree that the VT3 will give you dramatically more information than your Datamask. I don't know what happened to yours but I have over 50 dives on mine and would hate to be without it, it has all the information the VT3 has and I have no problem downloading it to my computer, some people had trouble at first but the new cable ended that issue. As for loss of vision well everyone has their own opinion about masks but it has not been an issue for me. I have a VT-PRO I have had for years and now use it as my back-up and have had no issues using two transmitters. I wouldn't take it back until you have at least dove it a few times. JMHO

Back
Top Bottom