De-badging neoprene products

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

LuckyLuke

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody has ever tried removing logos from neopren hoods, suis, gloves, etc.?

I have sewn on logos on some of my gear which I would like to remove, but I am afraid it would just look nasty.

Any tips?

Assuming the item is black, use a permanent black marker on the sewn label. I hate running free ads, so I just murder them out. Will have to redo after a season though.

Is one of hose rubber logos, so I tought aboi cutting the stiches and removing it, but I am afraid of the tiny holes that will be lef in the neoprene. Or is that not an issue?

Avid sewn logo remover here (what's up with all those thick buoyant catchy rubber Halycon badges?? 😆)

This is totally fine in most cases, but sometimes they also glue the patch on prior to sewing. The patch will pull off ok, but some adhesive might remain.

I removed a spearo chest pad from a nice two piece wetsuit top this way, using a stitch cutter and razor blade on the threads. 'Holes in neoprene' from thread doesn't seem to be a problem. But be careful not to nick the neoprene itself while cutting.

Avid sewn logo remover here (what's up with all those thick buoyant catchy rubber Halycon badges?? 😆)

This is totally fine in most cases, but sometimes they also glue the patch on prior to sewing. The patch will pull off ok, but some adhesive might remain.

I removed a spearo chest pad from a nice two piece wetsuit top this way, using a stitch cutter and razor blade on the threads. 'Holes in neoprene' from thread doesn't seem to be problem. But be careful not to nick the neoprene itself while cutting.
So if I cut from the top side of the logo, im golden?

Thanks for the tip!

Why??? It serves a good purpose.
In this case I just wanted to streamline the thing for SCUBA. Taking the chestpad off a suit makes it a bit lighter, and easier to get it on & off. The pad stitching can scrape your face etc. I cut off the crotch tailpiece and removed those fasteners too. Now I don't even need to wee inside of it, can stay much fresher on multiday trips.

You only find decent 3mm/5mm hooded tops in the 'spearo' market. Zero spearing interest for me presently, I dive mostly in restoration zones, I don't believe in spearing unless you're a resident first nations subsistence fisher, or doing proper pelagics or specialized invasives control.

The world doesn't need a bunch more recreational reef wreckers. The old extinct SCUBA spearing bonanza era was bad enough. The reef needs that parrotfish etc more than we do

Thanks for all the help.

Is there any chance it is glued and sewn on? I really wanna get rid of the logo, but dont wanna mess up my hood😃

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom