Death Sunday at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Bossman

Contributor
Reaction score
Don' t know any details other than posted in the article below. Condolences to the loved ones and friends of the deceased.

N.J. man dies while scuba diving at Dutch Springs

Read more: Man dies while scuba diving Dutch Springs - mcall.com
Follow us: @mcall on Twitter | mcall.lv on Facebook

A New Jersey man died Sunday while scuba diving at Dutch Springs, a scuba-diving park in Lower Nazareth Township.Lehigh County Coroner Scott Grim said Eugene Fleysher, 38, of Saddle Brook, N.J., was discovered unresponsive in the water Sunday afternoon.Fleysher was transported to St. Luke's Hospital-Fountain Hill, where he was pronounced dead at 2:23 p.m.An autopsy will be performed Monday to determine the cause of death, Grim said in a release.

Read more: Man dies while scuba diving Dutch Springs - mcall.com
Follow us: @mcall on Twitter | mcall.lv on Facebook

My usual buddy was one of the rescuers. He called me on his drive home to talk about this, didn't go into many details as he was really pretty upset that he couldn't save the man's life.

He's really bummed to hear the outcome.

My condolences to the family and all who were involved.

As a Dutch Springs diver, I would appreciate hearing the key facts about this incident.

I was there yesterday getting my OW. It happened right as we were about to debrief and my instructors noticed them performing CPR on a dock across the way. They quickly brought him to the ambulance. From the article, it seems as if he was diving alone, but I dont know that for sure.

I was there with students. There were a lot of conflicting stories afterward, so it will be interesting to see the official report. It was a sobering reminder that things can go and do sometimes go drastically wrong. My heart goes out to the victim's buddy.

Was the victim in a class?

My condolences to the family and those who did the recovery / rescue. Are there anymore details as to what may have happened?

My usual buddy was one of the rescuers. He called me on his drive home to talk about this, didn't go into many details as he was really pretty upset that he couldn't save the man's life.

He's really bummed to hear the outcome.

My condolences to the family and all who were involved.

Tell your buddy he did what he could and those of us who have been in similar situations, take our hats off to him... and would buy him a beer if we could.

Tell your buddy he did what he could and those of us who have been in similar situations, take our hats off to him... and would buy him a beer if we could.
Consider it done. Spoke to my buddy this morning, he's feeling better about the situation. He knows he did all he could.

I'll be buying him that beer this weekend. That's for sure.

Take this for what its worth...but from what I heard today, he was diving a rebreather but he was not diving alone..
he was supposedly diving it yesterday and had some problems with it...so the "theory" is that this was a equipment failure ...the story as I heard it is that he was signaling his buddy's to go up, but lost consciousness on the way up...he then "fell" back down and on the way down hit his head pretty hard on one of the platforms ..he was then brought to the surface but never regained consciousness.

I was there today and this story came from someone who was present..but again, take it with a grain of salt.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom