Death Sunday at Dutch Springs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I was a rebreather diver for 8 years (I sold my last rebreather this year). I always had a BOV on my loop. Whenever I felt there was some doubt, I would go over to bailout gas and then figure it out. I know some agencies/rebreathers teach stay on the loop until you know you need to go off of it and some go onto bailout for what they call a "sanity breaths." I don't think there is any agreement on this point, and I am not sure my procedure was the best, but it was the one I was comfortable with. For mixed OC and CC dive teams you need to have the larger of enough gas for yourself to bail out on, and for you OC team member to go to in the event of lost gas. For me that was typically, what does the OC buddy need for deco in the event of lost gas?

I think you can just attach it to a post thru the Manage Attachments option below the posting box. Look for this...
The document is 991 Kb, [-]and while I do not know the maximum allowed here, I just loaded a test document of 944 Kb in the testing forum with no problem.[/-] I have since been advised that you can upload up to 2 Mb.

PM sent

Many thanks Don.

I have started a new thread and attached the paper. Thread is in this "Accidents" forum.

Simon M

Has any more information come out about this accident?

nothing that I have seen or heard

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom