Deciding on a Back Inflate

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

TampaSean,
I haven't dived one, but I've seen the Zeagle "Stilletto" and that is one slick B/C.

Zeagle products are all but bullet proof.

I've a Zeagle "Tech" that I've dived for over 6 years and it still looks new (proper maintenance).

I tried a back inflate for the first time this past weekend, and now I'm definitely interested in a new BCD. Anyone wearing a Zeagle ZENA? Also, I kinda liked an Aeris Reef Rider I tried on a couple of weeks ago, but the salesperson didn't seem to hot on it - any opinions?

If you think that you want a back inflate BC, take a look at the DUI's. Their weight integration system is great, and you have the option of only dumping half your weights at a time. It has a "double" rip cord system. My son has a DUI Delta, and loves it! I am using a jacket BC, and am going to try his as soon as I can convince him to let me.

Chad Carney:
TS,

Welcome to Scubaboard.

You are also in the unique position of living about 15 miles from Zephyr Hills, where Zeagle BCs and Regulators are born!

EZ Scuba in Tampa has a large stock of Zeagle products.

Chad Carney
FL Zeagle Rep

Zephyr Hills...tisk tisk tisk. Chad, turn in your Zeagle products as you exit the front door. :D Scott, send them to me! :D

I can voice a opinion for the Zeagle camp. I have the Brigade, Ranger's little brother, and love it. This was my first BI and I am totally glad that I bought it. I won't dive anything else other than a BI.
I looked at the Islander and really wasn't impressed with the quality or design. I guess I have maybe seen a couple too many Ocanic BC's that have had material problems. For the difference in the price I would at least look at the Zealge line.

The rip cord system is far better IMHO than others. I don't have to worry about velcro giving out and getting all gunked up. The first time I rethreaded the rip cord it was a piece of cake. Just remember to thread it through all the grommets.

scubatoys:
We sell all of them - but the Zeagle gets much more attention in our shop.

That was the thing for me. To walk into ScubaToys and be able to touch and feel Zeagle along side all the other BC's was kinda like... why would you buy something else? The Knighthawk seems like a really cool BC when it's by itself in another shop, but hold one in one hand and a Zeagle in the other; you can really feel the quality difference that Zeagle provides.

Just wish they had a right shoulder dump like the Knighthawks (hint, hint :wink: )

Jarrett:
That was the thing for me. To walk into ScubaToys and be able to touch and feel Zeagle along side all the other BC's was kinda like... why would you buy something else?

Walking into Scubatoys!!?? I so hate you!! :D

crpntr133:

Scubatoys is a sweet dive shop. There is no denying it. And, they are very helpful and not a bit pushy, in my limited experience. Probably worth the flight down. :D

Foo

blowin_bubbles:
I tried a back inflate for the first time this past weekend, and now I'm definitely interested in a new BCD. Anyone wearing a Zeagle ZENA? Also, I kinda liked an Aeris Reef Rider I tried on a couple of weeks ago, but the salesperson didn't seem to hot on it - any opinions?

Check out what DiveMe wrote up about her new Zena here http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=107812

crpntr133:

LOL, yeah I am just starting to realize how good us Dallas divers have it down here :)

crpntr133:
Zephyr Hills...tisk tisk tisk. Chad, turn in your Zeagle products as you exit the front door. :D Scott, send them to me! :D

crpntr133,

I think you need to buy a vowel! BTW, careful with those stones, your house is made of glass! :D :D

I manage pretty well for having no edit or delete capability on certain posts. (Some unresolved browser problem?)

Chad

Back
Top Bottom