DECO the Dark site in recreational Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Shoredivr, I read the facebook post, they probably were diving in the Superior Producer, that is the only wreck that have the island, very nice dive, there is were you want that extra time down there to enjoy the dive and explore some more the whereabouts, my profile picture is inside the Superior Producer.

Don't know if it is the same guy I have heard off, by the pictures is dosen't look like.

There is a guy on the island that does Technical Diving that had reach the 113m, but he does it just to push him self, I don't think there is nothing to see there beside sand.

The most I'm looking at is doubles in the back, for the moment I can't see how you can enjoy a wreck dive with stuff hanging around you, but hopefully I wil find out by my self later on when I put more dive under the belt and get more certifications.

I'm limited by the DC Alarm telling me you are 4 min from DECO and it gets more pushy whe I get the 2 min from DECO, I always keeping an eye on my air press but I make good ( or maybe bad ) use of my air and end up with I believe enough air at the end of the dive always above the 1000psi, the last 4 dives my instructors hit the 1/2 tank rule before me.

If you're SB profile is up to date, you are not nitrox certified. That's a great way to extend your bottom time if you're being limited by NDL vs gas supply. Won't help you terribly deep, but it's a great start on extending your bottom time.

My point is that tech diving with a single tank is a bad idea. All your eggs are in one basket.

If your computer breaks, how do you know what depth you're at through the ascent?

You're apparently intuiting your gas requirements. Lets play a game: Tell me how many cubic feet of gas you need to complete an ascent from 100ft (30m) with a stressed SAC rate and a 10min deco obligation. Work it out based on what you know now. No cheating and looking up how to do it. Now tell me how much gas you need if your BT is extended by 5mins. How much does your deco obligation increase? Are you reliant on your computer to tell you that?

All those things you list that are not presented in recreational classes is because decompression diving is beyond the purview of recreational courses. Sry m8.

Sorry m8, don't have the tables with me, I will need to see the depths of the DECO, that is pretty much cheating, I believe for that depth it calls for 7m DECO stop but honetly don't know it from my head, your question depends of a lot of factors, but to continue your question it doesn't mention how long I have been in the water, and what dive profile it is, square triangular or combination, I could have planned the dive to go to that depth strait down like a rocket, with that said I have done a 37m strait down like a rocket when we relocated an anchor but was a combined dive profile, spend around 5min there, but had 10min previus diving at 7m to rig the anchor, slow ascent and watching fish and coral lets say between 5min and 7min , safety stop if I remeber right was 4min at 5m, end up to the surface with 1100 psi, saying that yes I will had enough air to do the DECO stop and some extra for fish watching, stressed diver can't answer you, I know you will go thru a lot more air, training and mind set and experiences mostly bad ones, will gave you the calm state of mind couple with streess, have I had a stressful dive not really, only my first two dive I used a lot of air and that was my intro dive and 1st day of OW, after that put my mind to address what was I doing wrong and why, then I begin to make a lot more better use of my air.

I do rely on my DC, since I have not done square profile diving and my exposures will be different, I think since I do triangular profiles, and if I "really" wanted to go in to DECO it will not be an a new plase that is for sure, will have to had dive it before and make a safety ascesment of the dive site, and plan my dive with the tables in case my DC take a dump, so I can keep time tracking.

I do rely on my DC, since I have not done square profile diving

To be fair, I think the only time you will ever see a truly square profile is when you're doing commercial work that requires you to do work on the bottom for the entire dive.

The problem of relying on a dive computer and venturing into deco territory is what do you do when you have a deco obligation and your computer floods, goes haywire or otherwise fails during the dive? Are you willing to buy a backup to bring along with you on your dives?

To be fair, I think the only time you will ever see a truly square profile is when you're doing commercial work that requires you to do work on the bottom for the entire dive.

To be fair... I think you don't have enough experience to understand that your assertion is not accurate.

Dive a collapsed wreck that sits on the bottom. Or a multilevel wreck where the dive plan is to explore just one level. Do some drift diving in West Palm Beach where you can spend 60min cruising along at the same depth. Do a shark feed dive sometime. Go to the Galapagos where the plan for most dives is to drop down to 50ft and hang on to a rock for 45min. Try muck/critter diving. Take up photography, where you might spend the whole dive trying to get one perfect shot. Try lobster or scallop hunting. Or any of a number of other common dive plans that are fairly square in profile.

0-24 dives and you are already AOW :wink:. Have seen you already went to 35m but you are not certified under 30m, as far as I can read you :no:. I am not saying that I am correct but I ventured into deco planned dives after I had 500+ dives under my belt by taking a IANTD advanced Nitrox course. And I can tell you that with this I learned A LOT.

So I would be very nervous to take you out for a planned deco dive as a budy. :wink:, in fact I would never do it :no:. You are trying to - litteral translation from a french expression " put the wagon in front of the horses".

Your questions are valid but TAKE YOUR TIME. Underwater is a non natural environment for most mammals :no:

0-24 dives? Gotta walk before you run

100% true, but there is a cience that you need to learn before you attempt the run, and hear from others how they fall or managed to get up to the run.

Have seen you already went to 35m but you are not certified under 30m, as far as I can read you :no:.

And people wonder why newer divers sometimes have a hard time figuring out why all SCUBA rules aren't equally unimportant. Exhibit A, right there.

0-24 dives and you are already AOW :wink:. Have seen you already went to 35m but you are not certified under 30m, as far as I can read you :no:. I am not saying that I am correct but I ventured into deco planned dives after I had 500+ dives under my belt by taking a IANTD advanced Nitrox course. And I can tell you that with this I learned A LOT.

So I would be very nervous to take you out for a planned deco dive as a budy. :wink:, in fact I would never do it :no:. You are trying to - litteral translation from a french expression " put the wagon in front of the horses".

Your questions are valid but TAKE YOUR TIME. Underwater is a non natural environment for most mammals :no:

I know I suppose to not pass the 32m, I already had been to 39.6m, always staying in my NDL, there are plans for a 50m, to be combined with a deep dive course, still I know the deep dive certification allows 42m if I'm not mistaken.

The 50m wreck is not even very known, because it is beyond the recreational depth level, that one is what I call a square dive, surface swiming to the point, drop like a anchor to the bottom, they say you hit the NDL very fast then start the slow ascent.

Why have I been where I been, I was allowed, after they saw how I manage my self in the water, no I'm not super dupper, far from there, lots of miles to dive to get there, I had one divemaster and Instructor on all my dives and I was the only student, so I was supervised very well, my instructor is always putting a break on me, to take it easy and take my time, and I will, need to undergo 40 stampt / logged dive from any LDS before he let me continue to rescue course, just that school perspectives to get certified with them, they are not money hungree like the other bigger LDS, I respect their approach and perspective of training a lot that is why I choose to get certified with them.

I see you are instructor, is PART of the difference between the Nitrox and TEC Nitrox mainly the oxigen management aka poisening do to the depth ??

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom