Decompression Tables for Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yes basically that is what I was curious about.

In the AOW they as well tell you the limitations on depth with nitrox, and I have read some more as well, so I'm not 100% new to it, but granted I will take the Nitrox course and annoy the hell out of the instructor with questions as usual.

Don't remember which organization offers Tech Nitrox but it was only one I saw that did from all the ones I was researching, I guess it will extend nitrox with deco
There is a lot too it. Biggest take away for me was proper gas planning (which I learned in Intro to tech). All the training in the world is useless without proper gas planing. I haven't read all the comments but I'm assuming you don't have any training beyond AOW?

As for deco dives I recommended taking decompression procedures and advanced nitrox together.

Correct only AOW, but I will take some speciality courses, rackup more dive time and then go towards Tech hopefully

Use the navy dive tables and just use your EAD for determining deco times and depth.

Pick the EAD for the mix your using and plan using the navy deco tables.

The neat thing about this approach is, the Navy Air Table is assuming you're breathing air at your deco stops. However, you're actually breathing something a little bit richer (e.g, NOAA Nitrox I or NOAA Nitrox II—you know, whatever you're using as your back gas) at these stops. So, you're actually encouraging the elimination of nitrogen from your body a little bit more!

However, the Navy AIR Table is not tracking your oxygen exposure. You absolutely need to make sure you do this—especially if you're doing repetitive diving and/or multi-day diving.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

Remy

Look at your No deco tables and you will find deco on it. Most folks dont see it but it is there. Now about nitrox deco ,,, Have you heard of EAD, (equivilant air depth) That should help you quite a bit. Other than that get a deco calculator. Probably the best bet.

I'm curious to know what are the decompression tables for Nitrox, any body can share this with me or send me a .pdf

I know BSAC have them but did not find a clear image from them.

I will do a Nitrox course in January, but I'm sure PADI will have nothing on it or am I wrong ? I only find NO-decompression tables.

Thanks

Yes basically that is what I was curious about.

In the AOW they as well tell you the limitations on depth with nitrox, and I have read some more as well, so I'm not 100% new to it, but granted I will take the Nitrox course and annoy the hell out of the instructor with questions as usual.

Don't remember which organization offers Tech Nitrox but it was only one I saw that did from all the ones I was researching, I guess it will extend nitrox with deco
There is a lot too it. Biggest take away for me was proper gas planning (which I learned in Intro to tech). All the training in the world is useless without proper gas planing. I haven't read all the comments but I'm assuming you don't have any training beyond AOW?

As for deco dives I recommended taking decompression procedures and advanced nitrox together.

The neat thing about this approach is, the Navy Air Table is assuming you're breathing air at your deco stops. However, you're actually breathing something a little bit richer (e.g, NOAA Nitrox I or NOAA Nitrox II—you know, whatever you're using as your back gas) at these stops. So, you're actually encouraging the elimination of nitrogen from your body a little bit more!

However, the Navy AIR Table is not tracking your oxygen exposure. You absolutely need to make sure you do this—especially if you're doing repetitive diving and/or multi-day diving.

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

You are correct and a very important point. CNS and OTU's are not tracked, but usually on those stops I would be using a much higher o2 content and adjust the stop times accordingly. I hand write my dive plans and calculate my exposure like I was trained, but that is outside the scope of what the op knows (hell I don't remember being taught that until Intro to Tech) along with decompression dives

But decompression dives are not a thing to play with. Can get you bent or killed if proper planing is not done, which is why I stress the training on this. Please go get the training first and THEN worry about deco dives. Until then please stay withing NDL's

Safe Diving,

rx7diver

And the navy tables assume your in your twenties and phenomenal shape.........which of course, I am.[emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and use the stand by bottle left at 10ft ( stage bottle right ? ) with nitrox 36

The bottle at 10ft, if it exists, should not be part of your plan nor counted in your gas supply. It is an extra margin of safety provided you make it there and provided the boat is still there when you come up.

Not to derail the thread but is there somewhere I can read and study about Nitrox without purchasing a course? I'd like to get ahead of the game

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom