Decompression Tables for Nitrox

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Remy, if you want to explore the differences between different dive gasses I suggest you download and experiment with a computer program. There are a few free ones (try HLPlanner - FREE VPM-B based decompression software)

You can changes gasses to your heart's content, back gas, deco gas and so on. It is no substitute for doing a mixed gas or accelerated decompression course, but we have seen you have a thirst for knowledge and I am sure this will help answer all sorts of your questions. I am sure it will give you some more new ones to post up as well :D

I am sure this is pilot error (my issue) - but how does this happen? 37 mins of deco?? 120 feet for 25 minutes.

Dive Settings.PNG
New Dive Profile.PNG

Both NAUI and NAVY tables say 6 mins of deco...

What kind of conservatism are you using for the VPM?
Your shallowest stop is at 20 ft in your settings; use 10 ft (like the Navy) and you'll spend less time.
You've also learned why people don't use the Navy tables......

The NDL for the 120 foot dive is 15 mins in the Navy table...it would be a lot shorter in most recreational tables. In any case, you can expect your deco to be at least as much time as you've overspent at depth. Note the Navy uses the ascent time as part of its deco and actually says the deco on your 120ft/25min dive is 10 mins total.

What kind of conservatism are you using for the VPM?
The NDL for the 120 foot dive is 15 mins in the Navy table...it would be a lot shorter in most recreational tables.

I used 0% to see what would happen - it was defaulted to 10%.

Am I misreading this chart? I read it as 120 feet at 25 minutes - @ 6 mins..
Navy Table 120 feet.jpg

I'm curious to know what are the decompression tables for Nitrox, any body can share this with me or send me a .pdf

I know BSAC have them but did not find a clear image from them.

I will do a Nitrox course in January, but I'm sure PADI will have nothing on it or am I wrong ? I only find NO-decompression tables.

Thanks
Although there called the BSAC tables, the Copy Right is owned by an individual. And they don't permit free distribution.

The BSAC tables should not be used for EAD calculations.

The point of using Nitrox is not for deco stops, but to extend bottom time without incurring them.

If you want to do dives involving deco stops then find an instructor who will run that specific course for you.

Although there called the BSAC tables, the Copy Right is owned by an individual. And they don't permit free distribution.

The BSAC tables should not be used for EAD calculations.

The point of using Nitrox is not for deco stops, but to extend bottom time without incurring them.

If you want to do dives involving deco stops then find an instructor who will run that specific course for you.

I also wouldn't touch any of the BSAC tables (air, nitrox, or ox-stop) with a barge pole. To say they are insanely aggressive is an understatement. There's a reason they're known as the Bendy 88s throughout the UK

Remy, if you want to explore the differences between different dive gasses I suggest you download and experiment with a computer program. There are a few free ones (try HLPlanner - FREE VPM-B based decompression software)

You can changes gasses to your heart's content, back gas, deco gas and so on. It is no substitute for doing a mixed gas or accelerated decompression course, but we have seen you have a thirst for knowledge and I am sure this will help answer all sorts of your questions. I am sure it will give you some more new ones to post up as well :D

For what I read in that web site, the software is up to windows XP, I have unfortunadily windows 8 ( I hate it ) well it work on this version ?

Thanks, there is no substitude for a class room and hands on job, this is just to learn some and ask questions at the class

Found a newer version of the Navy Tables - assuming an Air Dive -
Travel Time is 3:20 to the first stop - 8 mins at the first stop @20 feet - so is the travel time considered Deco time? It is not intuitive to me but I understand why the ascent rate is important.

120 feet 25 min.jpg

That said why would the software version of Deco Tables be so high? Safety factor only?

Found a newer version of the Navy Tables - assuming an Air Dive -
Travel Time is 3:20 to the first stop - 8 mins at the first stop @20 feet - so is the travel time considered Deco time? It is not intuitive to me but I understand why the ascent rate is important.

View attachment 199324

That said why would the software version of Deco Tables be so high? Safety factor only?
Travel time is not considered deco time. If you have a stop time of 8min @ 20ft, then you need to stay @ 20ft for 8 min.

Note the Navy uses the ascent time as part of its deco and actually says the deco on your 120ft/25min dive is 10 mins total.

Travel time is not considered deco time. If you have a stop time of 8min @ 20ft, then you need to stay @ 20ft for 8 min.

I was trying to ferret out which is correct... For Deco - it is intuitive that when you have a stop time it is a hard stop/ceiling...
I do not plan on using the Deco tables but I wanted to make sure I understood them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom