Deep Diver certification in NJ

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Scuba connections is in central jersey

The topic was not "how deep you can go" I should know, I started the thread, I was simply looking for training to reach 130' to advance to the next level

Re your question; you should be able to do that without going to "NC or further". It would be interesting to hear the rationale of whoever told you otherwise.

Last edited:
I'm not look'in to hit 130' for the sake of the depth, I've not yet gone to 100' although it's within my training but have walked away from several opportunities to do both simply because I prefer to reach those depths with an instructor by my side.I can't even begin the training I want to pursue without that Certification + 10 dives to 100' or better.Still look'in for a shop or instructor in the central Jersey area.

Two words. "Trace Malinowski" He is Tracemalin on here. Training director for PSAI. Ive been trained through several shops and from several agencies. After taking a few classes with Trace - he is probably where I will go to for the rest of my training. He is an independant instructor in your area.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

More off-topic comments deleted. The OP asked where he could get training in the NJ area for deeper diving. Therefore any posts not answering that question are inherently off-topic. SB allows a SMALL latitude of off-topic posts but when they go on for pages and pages, totally derailing the OP's question, then they need to go. I've posted one mod message about this. Here's the second. Third time may result in time outs for those trying to derail the OP's question AND those responding to those posts. Peace. Out. Marg, SB Senior Moderator

True story: I've lived in NJ my whole life, but didn't get certified until I was 40. When I was in the shop near my house buying some stuff to go to Florida for my check-out dives, the owner said to me "When you come back, we'll talk about local diving!"

Me: "Where do you dive in New Jersey?"
He: "If you go down to the beach... and look east... there's this ocean..."

I'd been going to the beach at the Jersey shore for four decades. Spent most of every summer in the ocean, but it never occurred to me to put a tank on my back and dive in it. Who knew!?!

:d

There are very few bodies of water that I've seen that didn't beckon to me to dive them!

OP, not for notin' but NC is better diving than NJ IMO, had 100' vis there on a couple of dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom