Deep outdoors

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More of that "scuba as extreme sport" type thing...

Yup....but I must say, even though Halcyon is tried and proven, I like their ideas, styling, features of this NEW firm....could it REALLY be better than what we NOW have available....one never knows! Maybe! I like the orange wings, thats for sure. Thats one of the reasons I liked the OMS wings....they are RED!

So some of you guys have actually SEEN these new rigs?

Tombiowami and I saw one the last time we dove the local quarry. I can't remember what color it was (Tombiowami?), but it looked ok. I read the review in Sport Diver and saw the Immersed ad too...

Tombiowami is right though...if you think about being horizontal in your Halcyon rig and reaching back with your left hand to actuate the dump valve...easy, right? Well, the DO dump valve is on the OUTSIDE of the wing...like where your Halcyon is, but on the exact other side of the wing (facing away from your body). Not sure how the hell you are going to reach that...I guess your buddy will have to vent your wing when he/she sees you heading for the surface at a rapid pace.

Alternatively, you could tie a spool off onto the air dump and give the other end to your buddy...then he could dump for you like he was shooting a bag...

Or...wait...you could rub your back against the wreck until it catches on something and dumps all the gas out of your wing and then deal with the entanglement...like it says, it is a "tech" BC so you should be able to handle a little entanglement, right?

I don't think the pioneer is headed for ebay just yet...

wait...another idea, what about tying some line off to the dump valve and then routing it over your left shoulder to your front left D-ring and then dumping from there...that might work, although that creates another piece of convolution that could lead to more entanglements...

DO, if you are out there why not send me one to test? :D Of course, I would need a set of doubles to test it properly...

Wow,
THAT would be sweet, eh?

Just curious if anyone has purchase a Deep Outdoors Matrix and what they thought about. Let us know your thoughts please. I tried one on at my LDS and I liked the feel of nothing on my sides. Seemed very easy to move around in.

SMKChef once bubbled...
Just curious if anyone has purchase a Deep Outdoors Matrix and what they thought about. Let us know your thoughts please. I tried one on at my LDS and I liked the feel of nothing on my sides. Seemed very easy to move around in.

I dive a Deep Outdoors Matrix Freedom with the redundant 85# bladder. I absolutely love mine. The people there are greay as well... you can't beat the customer service.

Kimber

Thank you for replying. Our LDS sells Deep Outdoors but and I think the BC is comfortable. Where do you live and what did you pay for yours? Is Deep Outdoors like ScubaPro where they require their items sold at MSRP or else? LDS has it for 734 for matrix with 85#.

I checked out a deep outdoors back plate tonight. It seems really nice. Now if only i can convince my fiance that i need to sped $600 on a BP and wings after i just bought a sea quest raider.

They seem to be constructed soundly.

You can do a search of the board and find what has been said on the past about bungied wings and the need for padded harnesses and make your decision from there. There is no need to bring that discussion up again.

If you choose to go with them I hope you enjoy them.

Good luck on your shopping.

Chad

PS. You better come dive with us in the spring so you can try out that new reg.

Back
Top Bottom