Deep Six Outfitters Eddy Fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OK.... the BLACK foot pocket looks pretty good my for my high-instep foot. Any plans for a negatively buoyant version?

OK.... the BLACK foot pocket looks pretty good my for my high-instep foot. Any plans for a negatively buoyant version?
yes actually, the specific gravity of the current material is .9, we will have one with a specific gravity of material of 1.4-1.5. That will be a few months however

Looks like I'm late to the party here but I do have some experience with the eddy as a jumbo dude with big wide arches.

I find that the pocket is deeper than the slipstream and f1... Not far from the jets.

This is pretty awesome as more power is transferred in the kick. The material is snappy as well, more than a jet fin or other big rubber fin like the f1.

I would say I get about 120-130% glide time in my frog kick cycle vs my f1's.

For me in my size 15 chucks that deep pocket also helps reduce fatigue and cramping on my arches.

Personally I'm not switching fins from the eddy if I can help it at this point.

Now I just need some in 2x so I can wear larger rock boots for my magnum feet.

Also, for what it's worth the back kicking is solid. That snappy material and big side rail translate motion easy.

Looks like I'm late to the party here but I do have some experience with the eddy as a jumbo dude with big wide arches.

I find that the pocket is deeper than the slipstream and f1... Not far from the jets.

This is pretty awesome as more power is transferred in the kick. The material is snappy as well, more than a jet fin or other big rubber fin like the f1.

I would say I get about 120-130% glide time in my frog kick cycle vs my f1's.

For me in my size 15 chucks that deep pocket also helps reduce fatigue and cramping on my arches.

Personally I'm not switching fins from the eddy if I can help it at this point.

Now I just need some in 2x so I can wear larger rock boots for my magnum feet.
The XXL are actually shipping to me very soon.... give me 5-6 weeks or so

Damn, now I need gets me some of these!

My issue is the fin pocket is too big. I have a Large fin, and have tried my largest booties (which are almost OK) but my favorite booties rattle around.

Any plans for producing a Medium-size fin for normal people rather than all the BigFoots out there?

Back
Top Bottom