Info Deep6 Excursion Upgrade Beta Test

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is just for the early release. I'm sure there will be an iPhone option later.

I bet they'd flash it for you if you mailed it to them. If you were already shipping regs to them for service, it might be convenient to toss the computer in with them 🤷‍♂️

Great thank you, not an option for me,
To find a friend with an android? You can use anyone's android phone to update.. but would then need to wait to download logs at a later date..

I'm not sure if the new software works with Subsurface... I haven't tried it.

To find a friend with an android? You can use anyone's android phone to update.. but would then need to wait to download logs at a later date..

I thought about it, I don’t know anyone with android. I can wait, no hurry was just looking to try one out.

The DiveStoryCustom will sync to the upgraded firmware, but will not download anything....wrong formats. Landon says no other software works with it yet, because:
the sync function will not work with the various apps yet until the changed get adopted from libdivecomputer, be patient as we do not control third party apps like MacDive, Divelog, Subsurface, etc.

Pardon my ignorance...

So, to update my Excursion, I need to do the following:

1. Uninstall DiveStory from my android device (or install on another device)
2. Download and install this APK provided here/on Deep6 site (I don't do FB)
3. Connect Excursion
4. Update Firmware on Excursion (assuming there is a selection like in the previous APK).

So, are previous logs lost in the Excursion firmware update? Deleting the DiveStory apk will also lose these, right? So all logs are lost?

Yes?

Pardon my ignorance...

So, to update my Excursion, I need to do the following:

1. Uninstall DiveStory from my android device (or install on another device)
2. Download and install this APK provided here/on Deep6 site (I don't do FB)
3. Connect Excursion
4. Update Firmware on Excursion (assuming there is a selection like in the previous APK).

So, are previous logs lost in the Excursion firmware update? Deleting the DiveStory apk will also lose these, right? So all logs are lost?

Yes?
Yes. Although, apparently (for some) it may not be necessary to uninstall your original DiveStory, so the local logs for it may remain. Definitely the in-Excursion logs are gone.

Yes. Although, apparently (for some) it may not be necessary to uninstall your original DiveStory, so the local logs for it may remain. Definitely the in-Excursion logs are gone.
I'm not a wizard, but if the apps both had different signatures I would think they could both be installed at the same time.

I believe the idea behind removing the regular app is so people don't brick their device by accidentally using that one to link the dc.

I'm not a wizard, but if the apps both had different signatures I would think they could both be installed at the same time.

I believe the idea behind removing the regular app is so people don't brick their device by accidentally using that one to link the dc.
My Samsung S10 would not allow me to install DiveStoryCustom until I uninstalled DiveStory. But that might just be me, or an S10, or Samsung.

Back
Top Bottom