MacDive and Deep6 Excursion - which firmware?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

algodude

New
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hello all,

I've got a D6 Excursion as my first DC. I am on firmware version D01-5C. It's a bit of a hassle to upgrade firmware since it must be done from an android, and I don't have one, so I wanted to see if people were using it with this firmware or the newer 6C version. Upgrading firmware deletes dives and I'm new to logging, so I want to eliminate possible errors.

Thanks and cheers from North Carolina.

S

I have D6 excursion. Using the older software as well. I don’t have an android either. As a Rec diver I am not in a rush to upgrade as I do not need all the new features. I don’t dive often but gave about 20 dives on it. MAC Dive works great with the computer.
If you don’t need all the new features, then keep the current software version on. It’s great dive computer.

Cool - thanks for the note on it. If someone here said that the new firmware was working fine I would probably try and upgrade it before my trip, but without confirmation, I'll just sit and wait.

Thanks @Tournesol2000

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom