deepest dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Boy, what's with all the flak about his question?

and although I'm sure he's an experienced technical diver (I'll save checking out the website, however), certainly dont' need a sermon on depth. We're all explorers, after all..

To answer your question: Deepest? 100 Meters, trimix, open circuit, British Columbia. Lot a work, and didn't see any crazy deep-sea creatures (I'm fascinated by them).

I believe that the depth is just a logistical part of the dive plan.
I have been diving South Fl. my whole life and was running out of "true" wreck's
to dive so i had to venture deeper. I get in the water only to see true wrecks
or war ship's sunk for research or during a war. I think it is kind of like a history lesson
to see things like this although you dont pay your $10 dollars at the door and sit in the
AC, you have to do alot of prepwork and dedicate alot of time and money towards it.
Not alot of people can say they have been to see this or that and i think that is reward enough to go. To quote Bowden he said he wanted to see the end of the cave, this one just happens to be vertical.
my .02

Dago.

To answer your question the U.S.S. Kendrick 325fsw in the FL Keys.
oc trimix all gases carried.

I did not mean my message as a bashing of deep-diving in general. But here in Europe it happens quiet often that people just "bounce down a rope" to break the 100m or more limit.
Often they are not very experienced. When you ask them why they do not do a "normal" dive to that depth they say it is to dangerous or to complicated.
If you ask them about bottom-time they usually say: Just a few seconds or minutes.
Breaking the 100m limit was the guys 4th Trimix-deep, which i think is insane.
They would most likely chicken out if you take them to 80m(240ft) for 20minutes which is something like a standard-wreckdive.
I was only jumping in because it was ONLY asked about depth, not about bottom-time.

Michael (who always prefers longer dives)

I have been as deep as 230 on open circuit and past 200 many times. I'm an old fart these days and feel going deep isn't good for my health and as stated earlier I prefer longer dives. Longer dives without deco stops that is.

wazza:
Out of curiosity I would like to know in general what is the deepest dive any if you ever did and with what , open circuit ,scr or ccr ?
lots of dives over 100m on a ccr, max ~150m, These are not bounce dives.. My typical turn times are usually at least 30 mins

~115m on oc

padiscubapro:
lots of dives over 100m on a ccr, max ~150m, These are not bounce dives.. My typical turn times are usually at least 30 mins

~115m on oc

Fascinating! Ever see anything weird?

wazza:
Out of curiosity I would like to know in general what is the deepest dive any if you ever did and with what , open circuit ,scr or ccr ?
1250 fsw using a closed circuit nuclear submarine.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom