Deepest you've ever been?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

60 is the deepest I've ever been. I would love to take a free diving course though. Not necessarily to go deeper but for the knowledge and experience.

Some friends of mine and I have arranged for a PFI Intermediate Course here in Belize. We'll do it at Glover's Reef starting June 23.
I'm not looking to go really deep but would like to extend my breath hold at 60-70 feet for another 20 seconds or so. That's the difference.....here anyway,...between getting 15 lb snappers and the 35-50 lb cuberas.
And I really want my testosterone crazed, 22 year old son to get into the safety mode of free diving, which the class thoroughly covers.
I'll post back here on the results. Right now I mostly do 80 - 90 second dives to 40-60 feet when hunting.

I have always wanted to do one. I remember reading that Dive Tech in Cayman teach a particularly good free diving course, and they managed to train Jessica Alba (for her role in Into the Blue) to hold her breath for nearly 6 minutes.

One day...

Yes, but look at the size of her lungs.

I can't compete with that.

Back when I ab dived, I could go to about 50 feet, after I relaxed. Most of the diving was about 35 feet, even relaxed, it takes a lot to get the iron under one of those before it clamps down.

254 feet today on 15/55 trimix. It was worth it. Cool dive for reasons other than how deep it is.

Trimix helps you freedive? :confused:

I am amazed what people are able to do with almost no gear. I sure can't. :D

Trimix helps you freedive? :confused:

I am amazed what people are able to do with almost no gear. I sure can't. :D

I was just being a smart arse while I sit in the hotel and rest after that dive.

My deepest FREE DIVE was about 40-45 feet in the Bahamas.

deepest free dives are in the low 90s

scuba....sometimes my first deco stop is deeper than that :p

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom