deerags

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dee,

Thanks for rusing the rags to me before my trip. They worked great! I don't like hoods so I've been using ball caps which cause problems in currents. Unfortunatly I lost one on the first boat dive. So comfortable I forgot I had it on when I slipped my rig over my head to hand it up....

Dee:
They are made with a deeper crown than most of the others so that it sits low on the forhead, just above the eyebrows.
I noticed that. Have to be carefull with that as it can get pretty close to your mask as is seen in my new profile pic.

Dee:
and a wider band so that tying it snugly will hold it on your head regardless of what you're doing. That's the secret to it staying on underwater.
Yes very snug, unless you drag a BP over it from behind :)

Dee:
They are made with a deeper crown than most of the others so that it sits low on the forhead, just above the eyebrows, and a wider band so that tying it snugly will hold it on your head regardless of what you're doing. That's the secret to it staying on underwater.

That's nice! I bought a denim "generic" type in the Keys a few years back, but the dang thing kept slipping off my head. Ended up chucking it after two dives.

James, I'm sorry you lost one but glad it was so comfortable you forgot it was there. There's probably an octopus wearing it around the reef!

Hi Y'all,
DOO Rags, or DEErags or whatever y'all wanna call 'em...
.... darnit... they just don't work for me.

For really long hair (down to yer... ah... butt :D ) the GUE way of doing things is pulling your hair into a pony tail on top of your head, then braiding it tightly... Followed with using a non-rubber, non-silicone, "slapstrap". The neoprene-like slap strap slides EZ off EZ on... and stays put. I wouldn't dive without this method!!!
tee hee.
HOPE THIS HELPS SOME GALS WITH LONG HAIR LIKE ME.
Trish The Fish

Hey I bought a couple of DeeRags. I wear one diving and one around the house. When it is hot, I dip the rag in the pool and put it on. It kept me pretty cool when I was mowing the lawn. I will try the diving one in June, when I am in Cozumel. Thinking of getting a few more as gifts.

Trish...when you have super long hair like yours, it's hard to contain under a rag. There's only so much room under there!

The method that works the best for my customers with long hair has been to put it up in a loose ponytail above where your mask strap goes. Put the Dee-Rag on, making sure the 'tail' is laying down over the ponytail, and tie it tightly. The tail will form a pocket that contains your hair.

Looking for Dee-Rags. Been a while since we talked. I want to buy a couple of rags before we go diving to Cozumel June 14th. Can anyone direct me to her please ?

Scubadude

---------- Post added May 22nd, 2014 at 11:06 AM ----------

AHOY there DEE !! Need some rags before we go diving June 14th, can you assist ?

Scubadude

Thank you very much.... I found her.

Scubadude

Last edited:
love 'em!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom