Defog Holder?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As well as a bottle of saline nose spray for a quick squirt before the dive...

i use the ocean for that :p

Am I the only one who thought he was asking about carrying it with him underwater?

nope, that's what i thought too but i decided that would make no sense whatsoever lol

Am I the only one who thought he was asking about carrying it with him underwater?
Actually, that's exactly what I'm asking. On a recent dive trip, I misplaced my spit/defog and didn't find it again until I was breaking everything down. Which, of course, meant that I couldn't use it. So I'm looking for a way to carry it with me, so that doesn't happen again

I'm kind of looking at the Jaws Retainer Clip, which reminds me of what my old dive instructor had. Fits over the bottom of the spit/defog bottle, and then clips right onto the BCD with a carabiner clip. However, I never got around to asking him what brand his was, or whether he'd had any problems with it. Does anyone have any experience with it? Or have an alternate suggestion?

Oh, and kwinter? I like your profile picture - is that you in the Santa costume?

If you have it on a clip, then just clip it to the dive bag. Underwater it is just more clutter.

If you take it with you underwater, water will absolutely get into the bottle. So now you're talking about taking defog with you in a waterproof case or inside a drysuit. Why? This makes no sense. Just leave it in your mask box.

And yes, Virginia, I am Scuba Santa.

iPhone. iTypo. iApologize.

This kind of makes me laugh. I have several small bottles of different defog I have bought on different trips. It seems as though the stuff likes to hide from me. Then when I get home it shows up. I think there is no less than 5 little bottles of the stuff in the cabinet I keep my scuba stuff in. Travel sized bottles is the way to go IMO. If I had 5 big bottles of the stuff sitting in my dive locker at home..........:D

I think you are asking about the spitCLIP retainer by JAWs spitCLIP you should be able to get one at a shop that sells this product

Back
Top Bottom