Del Monte beach halibut

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JustinW

Contributor
Reaction score
There have been a few reports this season already of people hooking up a few flatties here and there. Word on the street with the hook and line guys is that the halibut are few and far between compared to previous years. Has anyone taken flatties off of del monte beach lately?

Hey Justin,

I guess Moss Landing is producing much better than Del Monte... a couple of guys from the norcal skin divers club limited out last Friday on scuba. Then on Saturday, 21 divers were freediving in a competition at Del Monte and not a single halibut was seen... luckily the guys who limited out Friday brought coolers full of filets and passed them out to all us worn out divers after the meet!!!

I have heard of a few taken off of Lovers cove and I have seen a few taken by the Hotel area near Marina but I guess this year really sucks. One of the divers Saturday said he used to see halibut sitting in the shallows with squid coming out of their gills from eating so much... but there aren't any squid to be seen this year so maybe that's why the hali's aren't here?

JustinW:
There have been a few reports this season already of people hooking up a few flatties here and there. Word on the street with the hook and line guys is that the halibut are few and far between compared to previous years. Has anyone taken flatties off of del monte beach lately?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom