Delta 4 or Jetstram

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dive63

Reaction score
What advised between Oceanic 4 Delta to me and Poseidon Jetstream, I have already scubapro a D400+MK20

dive63

dive63:
What advised between Oceanic 4 Delta to me and Poseidon Jetstream, I have already scubapro a D400+MK20

dive63

The big problem with the Jetstream will be finding guys who are good at rebuilds for the 1st. We do them, but not many people around here do. Also you will find while Poseidon is good for very deep dives, the performance in the shallows is not all that spectacular... So I'd say it depends on what kind of diving you're doing. I'm also not a fan of side exhaust, and I do like the delta 4 swivel... So unless I had a need for the Poseidon air flow at depth, I'd probably choose the Oceanic there.

like larry mentioned the poseidons might be a handful if you do not have access to a servicer or parts. im one of the lucky ones however and swear by my poseidons i have the xtreme and the jetstream and they are by far the best regs i have owned. excellent air delivery! they say that they perform less in shallows? i have had absolutely no problems with mine but one thing is for sure, they perform better in the deep compared to other brands i have tried. maybe im just biased:)

Keep the MK20/D400 - that's a very nice setup!

the Jetsream or Delta 4 does not replace MK20/D400, I makes immersions in Italy from 30 43m.

Larry's advice was excellent. Although poseidons are highly regarded and often considered to be among the best in regulators, the main problem associated with them is servicing them. I've been diving poseidons for years, but after my technician retired and i had no one to service them i got really frustrated and sold them. I bought some apeks atx200, and diverite rg2500, and am very happy with their performance and their ease of servicing. The parts for both apeks and diverite are half the cost of those for poseidon and also the accesories, such as long hoses are half the price too. In Europe poseidons are definately worth it, because of the support, but her in the US, it's a constant waste of time and money. I don't know much about oceanic, but i'm pretty sure that in parts and servicing you will save a load of money. If you want the quality of poseidon, go with the apeks line, their right up there too, and i've taken mine pretty deep and honestly can't tell the difference between poseidons and apeks. Haven't tried the xstream though....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom