Delta just cancelled my flight from Atlanta in May - Arrrrrgghhh

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mcpowell

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
So I just happened to be perusing my Delta app and noticed my flights to CZM were not showing up in May. We were going to be flying in on a Wednesday and out the following Thursday. But poof! They’re gone and have been cancelled.

Anyone know if this is a temporary thing? There are flights available on Saturdays at almost 2X the original cost.

I’m hoping this is just a glitch in the matrix, but I expect they weren’t making money on the weekday flights and made adjustments.

Welcome to airline flexing of their muscle, they can be counted on for grabbing you in a sensitive spot and squeezing until you squeal! If everyone would stop traveling for 6 months it could help get them back into a service mode, one where they service the customer rather than the other way around.

So I just happened to be perusing my Delta app and noticed my flights to CZM were not showing up in May. We were going to be flying in on a Wednesday and out the following Thursday. But poof! They’re gone and have been cancelled.

Anyone know if this is a temporary thing? There are flights available on Saturdays at almost 2X the original cost.

I’m hoping this is just a glitch in the matrix, but I expect they weren’t making money on the weekday flights and made adjustments.

Seems like they should have notified you ASAP if your flights were canceled.

If you contact Delta customer service, they will put you on new flights to CZM at no extra charge. In these instances, you are also free to cancel without penalty (regardless of what type of ticket you booked) if you can find better flights on another airline (that's not going to happen with 8 weeks notice for Spring travel).

You can't do any of this yourself, however, and you must speak to a customer service agent who can re-book you on new flights without any additional charge or cancel and refund your tickets and waive all fees, etc. This happens to me when I fly with both American and United and when they change and cancel flights, you can request to be put on new flights at no extra charge. Have your preferred options (plus back-ups) ready at hand before you speak to an agent.

Delta canceled daily nonstop to CZM from ATL on 7 May. As you mentioned only Saturday to Saturday nonstop after 7 May. They probably will not book you on other airline and have a crappy connection (11 hr) in Mexico City.
United has decent flight (2 hr layover) on Wednesday for from Atl to CZM for $184 (one way) on 8th and 15th of May and $178 (1:27PM) for all Tuesday return in May with a 2.5 hr layover.

Delta changed the airport on my May 9 return from CZM to CUN. Cancelled and booked United. Used to fly Delta to Coz until they bugged out a few years ago. Since they seemed to be back, I thought I would try them again this spring. They have changed my flights multiple times until they finally punted. I guess Delta isn't as back to Coz as I thought.

So I think Delta re-started their direct flights from ATL to CZM on November 4th 2023. We flew on Thursday, Nov 9th 2023 using Delta, and it was wonderful! The flight left Atlanta a little after 11:00 and we were checked in to the condo and drinking Margaritas at Rolando’s (now Portosol) by 3:00. That’s really hard to beat!

And now they have cancelled the weekday flights. Maybe they will pick them up again later this year. Hopefully they will start back up during “peak” season.

We decided to make lemonades from lemon, and will be going for 2 weeks in May, instead of 8 days.

Delta did re-book us on the Saturday flights at no charge. I had to grapple with them a little as they did want to upcharge at first for the difference in fares. But I dug my heels in like an old mule that didn’t want to go through a gate and they acquiesced.

I’ll be worthless after 2 weeks in Cozumel.

Perhaps this has something to do with it? Not sure, just guessing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom