Delta P VR3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Semper,
Don't know why you are getting so up in arms about the free advice and bumps. These guys are telling you the truth. If you look down from your other post (on a different board) you will see this The Deco Stop.
Asking $800 and still for sale.
Take the bumps and hope somebody bites.

just out of curiousity who in there right mind would buy a vr3 just because they were considering getting into tech diving doesnt make much sense to me but what the hell i have a color vr2 anyone wanyt to buy it for $8000 so i can buy my rebreather i would really appreciate it

I think the majority of people are just trying to offer helpful advice...

The only real issue with such a high starting price, is that it turns people off. I'm sure people have looked at your thread, thought to themselves, "I'd love a VR3!", and when they saw the $2,000 starting price, they moved on. They might have stayed and tried to negotiate a reasonable price had the starting price been somewhere in the general ball park of what a used VR3 is worth, but the $2,000 starting price scared them off. People are usually willing to negotiate a realistic price, but if the seller has such an unrealistic idea of what his equipment is worth, generally he won't be willing to come down enough in price to make it worth one's time.
I know it really sucks that scuba gear depreciates like it does, but a useful starting point for used gear is about 50% of it's original price.

Anyways, if you still haven't sold it in the next couple of months, you might try reposting with a more reasonable starting price, and if it's reasonable, I might be interested. I've been looking for a helium capable computer, but I was thinking in the neighborhood of $600-800.

Good luck!

Hi,

It is a fact now. This market (the Scuba) is different to any other. Plus the Culture here in the forum also is different.

Providing unsolicited advice about the Gear prices has different purposes. But, there are two to which, I will agree it is fine. The first one is to protect members of the forum from getting Gear with known issues. The second one for the internet/scuba inexperience to not overpay.

This is fair game....unless the Admin tells you otherwise. If at all convince the Forum Admin to remove the posts or change the rules.

------------------------------
3/13
In other posts the op admitted he just joined the Forum to sale his computer.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom