DEMA Show Nov 19-22, 2014, Las Vegas NV

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I will be walking the floor... lot's of meetings... making a presentation on Friday at the Technical Diving Resource Center... and for the first time for about 15 years, I actually have to pay to get in! LOL... I really should get registered!

I have paid me money and am now legal.

Last edited:
Who's going to the DEMA Show this year in Las Vegas?
What are your goals at DEMA? See gear, workshops, training, seminars, agency updates, travel shopping, catching up with friends near and far?
Tell us what booth or seminars you'll be involved with so we can all stop by to say :wavey:!

ScubaBoard will be in booth # 668 across from
Huish Outdoors: Atomic/Bare/Stahlsac/Zeagle/Liquivision
Beaver Divers will be " In the House! "

We will stop by and say Hi!

Is there a secret handshake or some way that SB'ers identify each other at DEMA?

3395456_o.gif

I'll be around all week.

So you know... the SB booth is often vacant as we go around the show looking for cool stuff. My cell is (407) 509-0947. Call me if you want to meet up.

Reactions: RJP
I'll be in search of a destination for a group trip in late 2015 and one for 2016.
Attending a few seminars and chatting with a couple agencies and manufactures.

There will be at least ONE new thing at DEMA this year!

This will not only be MY first time at a DEMA show, but it will also mark the first appearance that a new venture will be making at DEMA. In fact, it will be the first appearance that this new venture will be making ANYWHERE!

AQUIS+Logo+Lockup+SMALL.png

As most SBers know, I’ve had much to say over the past few years about marketing and advertising relative to scuba diving. In particular, I’ve been a vocal proponent of the need for everyone in the industry to take a more rigorous approach to understanding and attracting potential new divers. (And to keeping existing divers active and engaged as well!)

Having spent the last 25 years in various sales, marketing research, consulting, marketing, and advertising roles – working on everything from $500 guerrilla marketing tactics to $5-million Super Bowl ads – I’ve had the opportunity to help brands, organizations, and entire industries leverage a disciplined approach to marketing to drive growth. As an avid diver, active DM, and now Scuba Instructor I know first-hand what it’s like for a new diver to experience the wonder of the underwater world… and to continue to fall ever more in love with scuba diving every time they enter the water. I figure now is as good a time as any to try to combine my profession with my avocation and see what happens.

Consistent with something I was taught about marketing very early on – “If you start out thinking you already know the right path… you’re already lost” – I’m going into this without much of a roadmap. So here I am at DEMA with a box of new business cards, my official "DEMA Noob" name badge, and every intention of doing more listening than talking. Will be interesting to see what come of the experience. Who knows, I might be begging for my old job back before the week is out!

DemaBadge.jpg

If for some strange reason you have an interest in finding out what I’m seeing, hearing, and thinking in Las Vegas at DEMA Show 2014 feel free to follow @AquisMarketing. Also, be sure to let the attendees and exhibitors of #DEMAshow know what you think the industry needs to do to #GrowDiving !

........Consistent with something I was taught about marketing very early on – “If you start out thinking you already know the right path… you’re already lost” ......
I agree on you on this one. But don't ell to VCs :wink:

....... So here I am at DEMA with a box of new business cards, .....
I would be more than glad to exchange business cards with you .... and try to convince you that you should work for sweat equity :D

Alberto (aka eDiver)

---------- Post added November 18th, 2014 at 09:33 PM ----------

....My cell is (407) 509-0947. Call me if you want to meet up.
I will

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom