DEPP Insurance- Do they still exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I tried calling that number and when it was disconnected I sent an email. I received the following reply within 2 hours:

The problem with our phone service is totally my fault. I change phone service our main number has been changed to 760-469-3869. I failed to forward our 888-678-4096 number to that number. Everything will be corrected by Friday no later than Monday. Unfortunately it appears all changes create problems.

Please understand the economy has caused our carrier to become more diligent and ask more questions delaying claims. Unfortunately you are hearing only one side of the story.

Dixie A. Lehrmitt
CFO-AWRY Enterprises, Inc.

Dixie? That's reassuring.

Dixie? That's reassuring.

Anytime you hear.........The carrier, due to economic conditions, is becoming more diligent in invesigating claims........complete BS. Insurance compaines follow the letter of the contract...period. I am in the insurance business and have been for over 25 years. When they have a way to deny a claim they do. When they have a gray area, they deny the claim at first or send a reservation of rights letter due to more investigation or information needed. DEPP carries this way past the gray area and I say this from personal experience not third hand rumor. After 6 months I am still trying to get the rest of the claim paid that the President of DEPP informed me in an email that he approved payment to be paid. I have never been provided an explanation of how the claim was adjusted. I just received a check.........5 months after the Proof of loss was notorized and sent to them. I have yet to receive that "separate check" for the remainder of the claim. Ignored emails and phone calls. I have heard every excuse in the book. The writting is on the wall for DEPP imo. This insurance program is a complete mess. Stay clear of this program. It is a real shame since this program at one time was a very nice program. Its nothing what it once was.

Here is another DEPP horror story. I went to access my DEPP account online and my login no longer works. When I made an inquiry as to why my login no longer worked, I received an email from Sandy telling me that my account was no longer active. I paid my policy renewal in full this past December. I have made no claims on this policy this year. I received no written notice of termination. I have an extended overseas diving trip coming up in a few weeks and I have no idea if my equipment is covered.

Here is another DEPP horror story. I went to access my DEPP account online and my login no longer works. When I made an inquiry as to why my login no longer worked, I received an email from Sandy telling me that my account was no longer active. I paid my policy renewal in full this past December. I have made no claims on this policy this year. I received no written notice of termination. I have an extended overseas diving trip coming up in a few weeks and I have no idea if my equipment is covered.

:D
Ramsy

We all would really like to know what you find out about your account/policy. Whether DEPP refunds your funds or whether your policy is in force. Please make sure you inquire as to the terms and conditions of the loss settlement agreement. If you have not read my previous posts, this is not a REPLACEMENT COST POLICY. They have changed the terms and conditions of the policy and the vast majority of people do not know it.
I never received a policy from them.
I never received a claim number when I had a claim and requested one three different times.
I never received a claim settlement explanation as to how they arrived at the settlment figures after I was told in two separate emails that the information would be forthcoming.:shakehead:
I never received the entire amount of the claim that was outlined to me in an email by the PRESIDENT as to what I would be paid. COMPLETE FABRICATION OF LOSS SETTLEMENT. :no:
This company has written the book on how to IGNORE its customers. I have no idea how in the world they continue to stay in business. I have been an Insurance Broker for almost 25 years and if I treated my customers the way they treat theirs I would have NO CLIENTS. They do not deserve to have any themselves. There are far too many stories out there that read like yours and mine. Good Luck and I hope to read a positive outcome from you Ramsy.

Folks, insurance companies not paying on legitimate claims is called .... Bad Faith!!! Contact an attorney and sue DEPP and whoever they contract their insurance with.

There are too many stories of slow pay or no pay for something not to be wrong. Also, slow pay on a legitimate claim is still Bad Faith. I smell lawsuits brewing for DEPP & Co.

I had a loss and contacted DEPP about it last week. Still no response from them.

I had a loss and contacted DEPP about it last week. Still no response from them.

Good luck Bill. I still have not recieved my final payment from them and my claim is closed. Go figure. Won't do business with them again and will do all I can to warn others about them.

Hmmm... coincidence? I posted yesterday and received notice this morning from Sandy that my equipment list had been updated (thanks) and my claim forwarded to the actual insurer for consideration.

Hmmm... coincidence? I posted yesterday and received notice this morning from Sandy that my equipment list had been updated (thanks) and my claim forwarded to the actual insurer for consideration.

Well at least you didnt get the excuse that I and many got that your email ended up in their spam email folder and it is not checked often. They are selective about when and what emails they answer. Very glad you got a response.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom