DEPP Insurance- Do they still exist?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It has now been 11 months and I have yet to see the settlement check. Back in February I was told that the check had "mistakenly" not been cut, but that it would go out that week. It is now five months later and that check has yet to arrive. I know the mail can be excruciatingly slow, especially to our little island, but even the USPO gets stuff here faster than that!

Hi Bill,
as I think you know I am 16 months and counting. I now have a friend who is a Private Investigator (actually he is a DEPP policy holder himself) working on this foc for me. He is coming up with all sorts of interesting info on Mr and Mrs Lehrmitt.
I have been unlucky enough to land myself in hospital for a few days and this has given me time to prepare a case against the company and the individuals involved. Going to start with the Insurance Commissioners office and move it on up to the Attorney General's offices in California and Kentucky. See where that takes me.
I got nothing but time!
Best
Simon

I sent e-mail to every e-mail address I had for the people at DEPP. It has been over a week without a reply. Can you say class action lawsuit?

In fairness, I recently received the check for the claim I made in February. I was told four months ago that the check would be "mailed out this week".

Because of the way it was handled, I will never again consider doing business with this company.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Happy for you Bob,
I am still looking to fix sharp teeth on the flabby ass of the Lehrmitts. One complaint submitted yesterday, going to the AG's office tomorrow.
best
Simon

I sent out several more requests to DEPP to all the e-mail addresses I had for them. Not a single response. These people deserve a good lawsuit. They lie about checks being in the mail and haven't made good on my claim in over a year.

I would love to see Dean and Dixie served.

Back
Top Bottom