• I get narced, but I am unaware of it

Votes: 19 17.8%
  • I never, ever get narced

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • 1 meter (for Walter)

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It would be interesting to hear from people as to what depth they feel narced and what their symptoms are.

we all know that an elevated PN2 is considered narcosis, but at what PN2 do you or your dive buddy see or feel the effects.

for me it is like this.

in warm water i did some dives at 240 feet on air with 60 minute bottom times inside a wreck with no noticable narcotic effects

in cold water if i decend fast [100ft/min] at about 200 feet i get a sudden sensation of panic, wanting to clammer my way to the surface. at about 150 it shuts off like a switch and i am fine.
however if i descend fast to 150 then slow to about 60feet/min between 150 and 240 i feel no noticable narcotic effect.

I think it is the sudden hit of high PN2 that really effects me. sort of like....i can drink beer all night but one shot of Taquila and i am drunk

before everyone gets excited....of course I advocate Trimix diving as much as possible but this conversation is about nitrogen narcosis and its effects, not how to prevent it. I keep an END between 100 and 150 feet depending on the dive.but what do you do when there is no trimix available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom