Destin Jetties??? April 11th??? Hellfish???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for the info, next time we are thinking lobster...? Everyone have fun and never work too hard.

Thanks for the info. I am going to be in Destin for memorial weekend and am thinking about diving Sunday or possibly Monday. Considering high tide on Sunday is 1:34 should we plan on getting in the water right at 1:00pm?

Tides for East Pass (Destin) starting with May 23, 2008.
Day High Tide Height Sunrise Moon Time % Moon
/Low Time Feet Sunset Visible

F 23 High 12:22 PM 0.8 5:47 AM Set 8:19 AM 93
23 7:39 PM Rise 11:01 PM

Sa 24 Low 12:08 AM -0.1 5:47 AM Set 9:16 AM 87
24 High 1:00 PM 0.8 7:39 PM Rise 11:40 PM

Su 25 Low 12:39 AM -0.1 5:46 AM Set 10:15 AM 80
25 High 1:34 PM 0.8 7:40 PM

M 26 Low 1:01 AM -0.1 5:46 AM Rise 12:15 AM 72
26 High 2:05 PM 0.7 7:40 PM Set 11:14 AM

Also how long is the blue crab season? When will the lobsters start showing up? Under best conditions what vis could we expect? I have dove St. Andrews jetties in PC and have experienced about 20+ feet visibility.

Thanks,
Scott

Yeah, 1pm sounds like a good time to start diving. Blue crab season is untill september i think. Lobsters don't really show up at the jetty, when i mentioned it i think i would have to go offshore for them. If u want someone to go diving with just drop us a line, i'm sure a few of us will be off that weekend. Have fun.

Visibility in the Gulf varies, but dont' be suprised to have better than 20' of visibility at the Destin Jetties. Its one of the more reliable spots.

See crab, grab it.

Double your gloves if you value not having blood drawn by pincers and pointy gloves.

If it has eggs(big sack of red or orange crap underneath), let it go. If its a female, consider letting it go anyway.

Is there any other place where its good for crabing besides the jetties, most of the crabs there are females.

Is there any other place where its good for crabing besides the jetties, most of the crabs there are females.

By beach, you can try around the bridge pilings and other pilings. Navarre Beach Pier and some of the sites in Pensacola and west. If you have a boat, any of the sites within the Bay should be crawling with blues.

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom