Destin Jetties??? April 11th??? Hellfish???

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

No, can't say i have, isn't that bridge getting worked on because they found out this breaking?

SeaYoda and GulfGulper have dived the bridge, GLENFWB might have dived under it as well. Hit the tides right, its not as tide friendly as the jetties(LOL).

Yes, I have dove it a couple of times. You have to be very careful there with tides because the tides are even stronger there at times then the jetties because the water funnels down right there at the bridge.

Also, there is so much boat traffic and PWC traffic that it makes it a dangerous spot for divers. There is some structure around the pillings....some deep holes that wash out around them. But, over all not a whole lot to see. But, a fun dive if you get the tides right and the boats don't kill you. But, I can't say I have ever seen many crabs around there.

Have you guys ever dove the under the bridge by the destin jetties?

SeaYoda and GulfGulper have dived the bridge, GLENFWB might have dived under it as well. Hit the tides right, its not as tide friendly as the jetties(LOL).

Not much there as has been said. Tide changes quickly and strongly. Here is a picture of what we saw:

larryty.jpg

A few more bridge pics - not a very good day for pictures:

br3.jpg

br2.jpg

br1.jpg

br4.jpg

Does Yoda have jetty pictures?? Is the pope Catholic! I have some I can post, but Yoda's are much better. He even had some jetty pictures published in an online magazine. They were awesome pictures, some had this real studly (is that a word) diver in them...pretty awesome pictures if you ask me.:D

thanks for the pics seayota do you happen to have any from the jetties?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom