Difficulty doffing 5mm W-1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

khacken

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I just purchased a ML 5mm W-1. When the suit is on, it feels snug, but not overly tight. However, I am having a hard time doffing the wetsuit. I can't get my shoulders out, which makes it hard to get my arms out. Could it be that I need to go up to a large? I do have wide shoulders. I am 5'9", 42" chest.

The best way to doff the W1 is to remove your left shoulder and arm completely first and then work the right shoulder and arm out. Since the front-zip is slanted towards the left, when unzipped it will give you a bit more room on that side first.

Thanks. I seem to have trouble getting my left arm out. I think the lining is providing more resistance than I am used to. Does this slide better once it is wet? I have only tried doffing it dry.

My 7mm came today, very nice suit, I also had trouble getting it off my shoulders, took me a good 5 minutes of wiggling, yanking and such to finally get 1 arm out.

Back
Top Bottom