DIN regulator advice

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RebelXT

Registered
Reaction score
Looking to buy a DIN regulator which is the only piece of diving equipment i don't own.

Requirements: DIN only (travel to Europe every year), balanced, warm water, sealed 1st stage is a plus(less maintenance supposedly?), budget is 450$.

Narrowed down my choice to the following models:

1. Dive Rite RG 2500
2. Oceanic Delta 4 / FDX-10
3. OMS R-1/R-236
4. Zeagle Envoy Deluxe

As far as features are concerned, OMS and Zeagle don't have sealed 1st stages, so they are cheaper than DR and Oceanic.

If anybody has experience with some of these regs, please respond. Thanks in advance!

I'd go with the DR 2500. They are great regs. Tough, easy to service, breathe well.

Peter

Well, I really like Zeagle regs, but if you are traveling to Europe that often you might want to think about an Apeks DS4. It would probably be much easier to get parts/repair work in Europe if you needed it. I have several and they are great.

DR regs are nice and simple in design, easy to get parts for since they are manufactured in the orient and many other manufactures/brands use the same service parts.

Oceanic FDX10 is a kick-*** reg, very good performing and very reliable, can't go wrong with that. Oceanic also has a very extensive customer service dept to handle any problems.

OMS has an other reg that might be a better choice for you (as the one you picked is a very entry level reg, used more for argon bottles then backgas) Look at the R250/R251 combo, it's high performance, sealed and everything else you are looking for.

Zeagle regs are again very good little regs, can't go wrong with them either.

first, thanks for the advice!

Dive Rite RG-2500 is my top choice at the moment. Too bad I can't get one into my hands before ordering it since local shops don't have it in stock. My LDS suggested to consider Atomic Z2. Do Atomic's breethe much better than DR's?

The Atomics breath slightly better at deapth than the RG-2500. It is a very marginal difference. I actually find that the RG-2500 breaths better in less than 60ffs then the Z2. For the price difference I'd say you are better off with the RG-2500.

I bought a Delta 4/FDX10 last month with the DIN conversion. LOVE it!
I did put a 7' hose on it and got rid of the pivot, but that is a matter of choice,
can't go wrong with that reg....

+1 for DR , its a great reg at a great price.

Tnx ALL. Just ordered a DR RG2500 from Phil at diversports.com. Looking forward to test diving it next weekend! Will post a follow-up.

Back
Top Bottom