DIR and computers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike , I'd like to offer my thanks to you for starting this discussion thread.
I've been following it great interest.
I must ay iit has been the most interesting one I've followed for some time.

Thanks again for an intersting and informative discussion.

Mike D

Hi Diver0001 I'm also using an easy to remember linear table based on Naval tables simular to what you illustrated. Not as tables for decompression diving but as a simple rule of thumb to stay within the non stop zone. As you illustrate tables metric or imperial can be made linear and extrapolatable at the expense of a little bottom time. I don't see a problem in this as cylinder contents, not bottom time is usually the limiting factor with a single cylinder. Without repetative dives, deco time penalty is often negligable. I am not a fan of computers, their not essential nor reliable. I also think its better to teach recreational divers a simple rule of thumb guide to keep inside no stop times instead of Buhlmann tables which trainee's seldom remember. I would like to know more about other peoples methods as I am trying to improve my own, but again I understand people are a little wary of liability if things go wrong.

ERP once bubbled...
I play this little game with my buddy whenever I finish a dive, we estimate the average depth of the dive.

That's the game you play with your buddy? You should hear about the games MHK and I play during the lengthy deco we sometimes do.

MHK's favorite is "Hide Terry's SPG and tangle it up with one of his spools".

Of course he's not that good at it.

My favorite is "Swipe MHK's spool and let him think he lost it until we are back at the dock".

I usually win that one.:D

And I thought he only played that game with students :wink:

My favorite is "Swipe MHK's spool and let him think he lost it until we are back at the dock".

I look forwards to the day that I get to play that game :wink:

ERP once bubbled...

And I thought he only played that game with students :wink:

I look forwards to the day that I get to play that game :wink:

next time I take a class with Mike he's seriously in for it.:mean: Hey Rob, you can distract him while I unclip his spg and clip it to one of his spring straps and turn off his isolator. We'll get Marc to film it and let the tape go to the highest bidder.:wink:

Terry is being disingenuous here, my favorite trick is for me to run OOA [ simulated of course] and then once he donates I steal his maks ;-)

tleemay once bubbled...
ERP once bubbled...
I play this little game with my buddy whenever I finish a dive, we estimate the average depth of the dive.

That's the game you play with your buddy? You should hear about the games MHK and I play during the lengthy deco we sometimes do.

Of course he's not that good at it.

I usually win that one.:D

MHK once bubbled...
Terry is being disingenuous here, my favorite trick is for me to run OOA [ simulated of course] and then once he donates I steal his maks ;-)

Really...what the hell is your fascination with masks :D....do you not have enough of them or something.....it seems all of your students end up "maskless" :haha:

Just curious - when you talk about stealing someones mask - is this a cooperative affair, or are you pulling it off their head catching them unawares.

Well, I believe that they are supposed to ask for the mask, but other things have been known to "happen"

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom