DIR Compliant Regulator Setup ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dshuman:
This has been great advice. I plan on pursuing DIRF in the summer and have been adjusting my kit as money becomes available.

I am curious though, my LDS's have been looking at me oddly and quoted some steep prices for a nice stand alone second stage I would use as my backup. The thinking seems to be, either you are getting an Octo or you are getting both the 1st and 2nd stage.

Any recommendations? Anywhere online that sells just the 2nd stage reg?

Thanks again,
Dave
Some companies, such as Apeks, sell their regular second stages as "octos".. they just use a yellow cover. There are places you can buy standard second stages from though.. leisurepro.com, www.diveinn.com, etc. Call the guys at www.scubatoys and they might be able to hook you up too.

Albion:
wow DIR Witnesses, do they come round door to door to preach about this.

Interesting about the Delta's i have an old Halcyon catalogue which shows Deltas on all the single tank rigs, guess they were the dogs bollox at one time!!!

Halcyon sells a lot of stuff that isn't DIR. They've even got split fins in their retail outlet-Extreme Exposure.

Father Jack

How about Dive Rite regs?

From an outsider they seem to meet all of the DIR qualifications but they never come up in any DIR gear discussions I have been a part of or come across online despite the fact they appear to have a rock solid reputation.

dshuman:
How about Dive Rite regs?

From an outsider they seem to meet all of the DIR qualifications but they never come up in any DIR gear discussions I have been a part of or come across online despite the fact they appear to have a rock solid reputation.
Probably because they're not very widely distributed, as far as I can tell.

They do look nice and I've heard lots of good things about them.. and the service kits are available.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom