DIR-F July 1-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Halthron:
Well, someone needs to help keep the dive businesses going now that Spoon is moving away from tech. I hope I'm doing my part, my Visa just ran under the bed! It's getting expensive to build a good "save-a-dive" kit.

news travels fast huh? ive got two longhoses, boatloads of din 1st stages, manifolds, wings, assorted tech stuff and a very, very expensive flashlight. *Floater* just delivered a set of brand new oxycheq thigh pockets, oxycheq wrist deco pocket, dive xtras cordura wetnotes cover which i will never use. i might just give them all to the first ppd to au'naturel in the pasig river:) takers?

Spoon:
news travels fast huh? ive got two longhoses, boatloads of din 1st stages, manifolds, wings, assorted tech stuff and a very, very expensive flashlight. *Floater* just delivered a set of brand new oxycheq thigh pockets, oxycheq wrist deco pocket, dive xtras cordura wetnotes cover which i will never use. i might just give them all to the first ppd to au'naturel in the pasig river:) takers?
i used to row on manila bay... took a few swims too cool off too... does that count?

Jag

shugar:
i used to row on manila bay... took a few swims too cool off too... does that count?

Jag

nope. to count you must pick up any artifact at the bottom of the pasig river. you cant cheat since you will be diving with your birthday suit

At the moment, regs are the biggest hole in my inventory. It's only a matter of time before I buy some DIN first stages but I keep holding out.

Turns out that Pier Uno doesn't have doubles to rent but Martin said that if you pass the Rec version that getting upgraded to a Tech pass is a one day thing with no time limit. Since I'm still more comfortable with a single tank than doubles (and I wouldn't have any testing time with my new doubles wing or can light), I'm going to take the rec version and upgrade it later.

Halthron:
Turns out that Pier Uno doesn't have doubles to rent but Martin said that if you pass the Rec version that getting upgraded to a Tech pass is a one day thing with no time limit. Since I'm still more comfortable with a single tank than doubles (and I wouldn't have any testing time with my new doubles wing or can light), I'm going to take the rec version and upgrade it later.

At least bring your can light if you receive it in time. Martin can teach you how to stow it properly so that it doesn't get in the way of the long hose or anything else, and how to do the drills while carrying it, skills you'll need to know anyway if you are giong to dive with one.

After telling the instructor three times "Yes, I want the kit with the text book, workbook, etc", it still hasn't been ordered. Not that it would arrive in time if it were ordered today anyway.

Halthron:
After telling the instructor three times "Yes, I want the kit with the text book, workbook, etc", it still hasn't been ordered. Not that it would arrive in time if it were ordered today anyway.

The book is nice for reference, but you don't need it during the course. The workbook is useless IMO, just borrow and photocopy it from somebody if you must - it's really not worth the price. Of course, this is not to say there's any excuse for the instructor not to arrange for your order or for doubles.

Maybe you could ask if he has access to a spare manifold and tank bands and could build a twinset on site.

Spoon:

aha! practically my own fish pond.. ill even throw in a giant stride at the ayala bridge.. :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom