DIR-F July 1-4

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

halthron, congratulations on the rec pass! I certainly didn't come anywhere near that when I took the class . . . in fact, it took six months of work to reach it. It's not a small achievement, even if it isn't what you wanted.

Halthron:
Finished the class and have numerous pages of notes. I'll post a review in the tech section and post a link here.

and the post was #101 !

finished eh..... :coffee:

at least that's done with.

now the most important part : practicing and mastering the skills.

:wink:

paolov:
or another option mix is ; he can take pictures of tech dives .....

Or you can do both... some one has to take pictures at 150 FSW :)

paolov:
i believe we are now talking about Carlo.. when it should be Eric.... that we are to talk about ehehehehhe

He's under censure anyway isn't he? :)

Halthron:
Thanks but finishing does not equal passing, at least not at the level I originally wanted.

There's failing (which no one gets unless they're just unsafe in the water and don't have the capability to change, provisional passing where you have most of the skills but need to work on it a bit more and have six months to do so, and passing. The last is that you hit the minimum required competency for the skill.

There's also a tech pass and a recreational pass. A tech pass requires you to take the course in doubles and a canister light. Since I had issues right before (sick then damaged light), I decided not to push my luck with the equipment and take it in a single tank. A rec pass comes with a tech provisional but unlike a regular provisional, there's no time limit on upgrading soi I have a year instead of six months to do it.

I passed at the rec level (pending retaking the swim test since, IMO, the distance we were to swim 12 laps of wasn't 25 yds, more like 40 and surf and current made it more difficult. Going to retake it at my place soon).

Time machine :D
hey eric, congrats! I'm really happy for you. Fundies sounds like a real handful so it's good to know you passed (whether it be at the tech or rec level!). Now I want to know if you will still dive with me!? Come on, aquaV reef once I'm back - you lead again.... :)

btw, I experienced the fireworks at the mall tonight. It rained earlier so not many people! Awesome!

chip104:
btw, I experienced the fireworks at the mall tonight. It rained earlier so not many people! Awesome!
but the question is, Stud-Meister, did you make any fireworks of your own with the local DC gals...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom