DIR-F Lite - "Essentials of Diving"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Rick Inman:
Really? GUE has always professed that they are not motivated by the market ala PADI, but instead wish to educate a discriminating group who are interested in the higher standards they offer. Does DIRE suggest a major change their business model?
This isn't something GUE came up with.

It sounds like something AG has come up with.

jonnythan:

Ahh! Yeah, right. I get it now. Good for Andrew!

OEX2 is right. There will be better divers in the future.

Someone seems to have their marketing skills in order! :rofl:

It sounds good. Will they be DIAR divers?

Since it's a "lite" course do you think they will need extra weight and have buoyancy issues? :D

DIR Lite ... less filling ... tasts great!

Edit: wish I knew about DIR F before getting my Cert's and gear

OE2X:
Since it's a "lite" course do you think they will need extra weight and have buoyancy issues? :D
Sure. But the instructor will just toss some more lead into your DIRL approved WI BC pockets.

As I understand it, it's pretty much like the Fundamentals class was before GUE made it a pass/fail. Personally, I like the workhops because they take they stress out of passing and "can" be more condusive to learning. Oh, and yes, 5thd-X does have two very good GUE instructors who are in good standing with GUE.

jonnythan:

They went their seperate ways about a month ago.

Andrew makes some good points in support of this course and I would like to hear other folks feelings about it.
1. that the high failure rate of the fundamentals is largely due to task loading of new and unfamilir equipment

2. that the object of the course is to teach you how to perform these new skills and mastery will come with practice.

I presonally think this looks like a good program although I think some treat fundies as a yard stick of how good a diver they are.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom