DIR-F Lite - "Essentials of Diving"

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Andrew developed the "original" introduction to DIR->DIRf because divers lacked the requisite skills to successfully take Tech 1. It was a workshop style class. It was not pass/fail.

Uncle Pug:
Andrew developed the "original" introduction to DIR->DIRf because divers lacked the requisite skills to successfully take Tech 1. It was a workshop style class. It was not pass/fail.
So, are you suggesting that this new class is a return to the origional concept by AG?

How many DIR followers are willing to accept a non-GUE version of DIR?

Which DIR MY WAY is DIR?

Scuba:

Which DIR MY WAY is DIR?

Oh oh - the religion fractures :D

you know, somehow, I never saw Andrew as Martin Luther!

Doc Intrepid:
5thD-X will definitely not have (currently active) GUE instructors (for very much longer). Andrew and GUE have terminated with prejudice any relationship they formerly had... This would seem to be a 5thD-X gig...

Andrew may have a legal problem with useing that name and then again maybe not.

I can't see GUE ( or any Reputable agency ) terminateing an Instructor just because they teach for someone else also. How many GUE instructors are also naui or padi or whoever's instructors also? As long as they don't issue a GUE 'cert' with the course, they haven't violated anything that GUE could disqualify them for.

Scuba:

Which DIR MY WAY is DIR?
I would. But I'll dive with anyone who isn't a str#*&E :D :D

I just want a buddy to have good:buddy awareness, buoyancy, and not silt out the bottom. I could care less what card he or she is carrying.

jonnythan:
Wow. I'm impressed.

This is a great idea for those people who have no desire to ever Do It Right

Now THIS, is where the trouble get's started! :11:

CIBDiving:
Andrew may have a legal problem with useing that name and then again maybe not.

Why? GUE doesn't have the rights to the phrase "Do it Right". As a matter of fact, there is a truck towing company near me that uses "Doing it Right!" as a slogan.

a0tfkx0.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom