DIR-F Report

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

thanks all for the kind words. i'd definetely reccomend this class.

Dan Gibson:
btw, IIRC, Bob Bourke is from Tampa and was one of the students. Is this the same person? If it is, it's amazing what a couple of years of hard practice will do. I also met Mark during cave 2. He's pretty cool as well.

yup, that's Bob. he's from Tampa, and an awesome diver. Mark is also excellent.
they're both great guys.

Those Guys interned our class last month in Monterey as well. Great Guys! Garth rocks!

Congrats on passing! With JJ and David Rhea no less! Rock on!

congrats andy!
And for someone who hasen´t taken dir-f but isn´t religiously opposed to the idea its great to finally hear from someone who passed on their first try :)

Andy, glad to hear you passed, I hope the shoulder is feeling better.

H2Andy:
oh... on the third day, before our first dive, Jarrod and i happened to be in the bathroom and Blue Grotto together, so he asked me how my shoulder was doing. i said, "It's ok when it doesn't hurt."

those must be the dumbest words that have ever been uttered in that bathroom.

I'm sure JJ isn't holding it against you. If it makes you feel better, I could see myself doing the same thing. :D

I was going to take the DIR-F class with Tim (kidspot) and the others in Kona, HI, but the logistics fell through (translation - wife said "No going to Hawaii without me!"), and I wanted to be in on your class, but I didn't see the posting for it until about 4 days before the class was to take place. I'm looking at taking the class with Cody Gardener in March in Ft. Lauderdale. Quite a bit cheaper than flying to Hawaii, and the wife won't squak as much. :eyebrow:

Sounds like you had a memorable class. We had the pleasure of Garth's company in January at a DIRF in Monterey. Did he pass?

I am not particuliarly intimidated by "personalities" but having JJ and Rhea watching would make anybody nervous. Thanks for the report.

Brian Gilpin:
We had the pleasure of Garth's company in January at a DIRF in Monterey. Did he pass?

he should have. i can't confirm it, but i understand all three (Bob, Mike, and Garth)
had a succesful weekend.

Brian Gilpin:
I am not particuliarly intimidated by "personalities" but having JJ and Rhea watching would make anybody nervous.

I hear ya there. I think for me, it would have been more the fact that it was in the bathroom than anything else. My dad could pass by me in a public restroom and ask me a question and he'd probably get a dumb answer because I'm trying to concentrate on the task at hand. :D

ANdy, man I envy you. While I loved my DIR-F experiance, I wish I had all the instructors you had!!!!

Im glad you loved it, I think everyone does.

Andy,

Congrats on passing the class, and more importantly, on enjoying it!

Andy, congrats again. It was great to meet you, and you and Livave (sp?) made fantastic progress through the course. By the end of Sunday, you were really starting to look "lean, mean, and clean." Keep up the practice and you will continue to enjoy your diving so much more. Best wishes and safe diving!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom