DIR: God's gift to diving or Hell spawn?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks TRUETEXAN for the link.

I wonder has anyone attended one of his seminars?

Has anyone arranged to have him as a speaker?

Originally posted by jbd
Has anyone arranged to have him as a speaker?

He was on the short list for our Wrecks conference, but I didn't get involved until a little after he was out. I don't remember if it was due to conflict or due to price.

Theres another book, Deep Descent, that has some pics of people using Garys dive &equipment configuration ideas .

Originally posted by funky__monks

He was on the short list for our Wrecks conference, but I didn't get involved until a little after he was out. I don't remember if it was due to conflict or due to price.

I found his standard lecture contract, in case people actually care:

Gary Gentile Standard Lecture Contract

No guarantee that I'll keep the file there for to long, so if the link doesn't work, PM me.

Have any of you been diving with Gary to know his skill level? Is he skilled or just awful lucky?
Friggincold

Originally posted by Friggincold
Have any of you been diving with Gary to know his skill level? Is he skilled or just awful lucky?

I have no firsthand experience, but from what I've read, it's definately not all luck. Definately read "Deep Decent", you'll see number of bodies that Gary has recovered off the Andrea Doria. There has to be a lot of skill involved to get to the level that he's gotten to.

The bodies were probably of those who admired him, and others like him, for his deep air "accomplishments". He lived through doing that stuff, they should've too, eh?

Crazy.

Mike

Originally posted by Lost Yooper
The bodies were probably of those who admired him, and others like him, for his deep air "accomplishments". He lived through doing that stuff, they should've too, eh?

:stupid:

Ok... Now that's one of the most uninformed, stupidest posts I've seen in a while. I've personally taken a (somewhat) morbid facination to diving related deaths. Why? To learn from others mistakes and oversights. Comments like yours are obsurd and in fact dangerous, dangerous in that when it comes to diving, Ingorance is not bliss, ignorance is a death sentence.

:box:

Just a note. Gary Gentile has been a speaker at the Wrecks show in the past. They are trying to broaden the program, which may be why he wasn't at this year's show. The talks I've heard him give in the past focused on the wrecks he was exploring and artifacts "recovered" and not diving technique.

Ralph

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom