DIR Regulator set-up

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Was wondering. If i converted my now(A-clamp) Apeks TX100 1st stage to DIN. What would this reg be rated to ? COuld i use it on a 232 bar tank?

Hey Frog,
I don't think you will have any issues with that - that's a pretty standup reg - ask the shop though - they may know something I don't, although I now that here they are mainly sold with DIN and a lot of people are running HP, so I don't think you need to worry.

Terkel

Originally posted by Frog
Was wondering. If i converted my now(A-clamp) Apeks TX100 1st stage to DIN. What would this reg be rated to ? COuld i use it on a 232 bar tank?

Ans = 330Bar

So, if you have a 232 bar tank, you need the £25 adaptor that screws onto the DIN, and converts it to an A-Clamp

Jon T

If I understand your question, you can use a 300 BAR DIN reg on a 200 BAR DIN OR a 300 BAR DIN valve. However, you cannot use a 200 BAR DIN reg on a 300 BAR DIN valve. The 300 BAR DIN reg is more versatile in this regard. However, it is important to you to be able to use a yoke reg on a DIN valve, then get the 200 BAR DIN valve and get the yoke inserts. Personally, I got the 300 BAR DIN reg and valves for exra toughness and security.
I'm not positive what the max pressure a 300 BAR DIN reg can handle, but I seem to recall it was 4500psi working pressure. Certainly look this up though.

Mike

Check this out,
http://train.missouri.org/~hypoxic/

Apeks 1 stages are relative simple to diagnose by design:
US-4 unsealed, non-swivel w/ 4 l/p ports and 2 h/p ports
DS-4 drysealed, non-swivel w/4 l/p ports and 2 h/p ports

UST unsealed, swivel w/4 l/p ports and 2 h/p ports
DST drysealed, swivel w 4 l/p ports and 2 h/p ports

If my information is correct, they are all basically the same regulator with the exception of the seal and the swivel. Internally they are the same.

The Tx-100, I am not sure about the ineternal workins of it.

For further information check this out.

http://www.apeks.co.uk/apekshome.htm

Thought this might help,

ID

that helped alot. I was going to go for the DS4 not the DST. The DS4 is a fair bit smaller. That URL shows 2 TX100's so maybe i can convert my existing TX100 to 300 Bar DIN. If so this is great news although i have never seen the Apeks TX100 1st stage for sale on its own anywhere. I know Jon T said that if i convert my TX100 to DIN then it will withstand presures upto 330 bar. Can anyone else comment on this please. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom