DIR training donating the Primary question?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Maybe its me down here in this bright wonderful sunshine and marvelous weather. Maybe I'm just imagining things. But Cinci...
is everything ok guy? Can we help?

This is supposed to be fun sport. Some things you just check out ahead of time. Like in Pre-dive.

Come on guy. It truly is a wonderful world out there. Loosen up!

And by all means...

Safe diving:confused:

BIGSAGE136 once bubbled...
Maybe its me down here in this bright wonderful sunshine and marvelous weather. Maybe I'm just imagining things. But Cinci...
is everything ok guy? Can we help?

This is supposed to be fun sport. Some things you just check out ahead of time. Like in Pre-dive.

Come on guy. It truly is a wonderful world out there. Loosen up!

And by all means...

Safe diving:confused:

I'm lose dude and relaxed too. But what if.....That's the big question. The mouthpiece condom seems to be a great answer for the practicing part. And I already said I understand that during a real emergency you will just donate without question.

VTernovski once bubbled...
no need to change mouthpeice, there is a mouthpeice condom, called octoguard that you can buy and put over the mouth peice. I've actually used it on rental regs, works well... but... that's not the point when buddy breaking or practicing the OOA drill... you are not going to stop and put the octoguard or a new mouthpeice before putting it in the mouth while doing the drill!

Yet another reason to buy your own regulator.

Save money on those mouthpiece condoms.

issue has been discussed in the recent past; I believe in the I2I forum. Possibly in a thread about buddy breathing.

Karl_in_Calif once bubbled...

Not sure if I can bail you out of this one, Cincy. If Rainbow Divers Dive Club finds out about your query, they might become very displeased.

First, the ocean water washes your mouthpiece pretty good during the transfer of the primary 2nd stage.

Second, we still do not know how HIV or AIDS is transmitted. Saliva transmission may very well be a myth.

Here in California, even close to San Francisco, this is just not something that we worry about in a scuba class. Therefore I doubt it would become a serious concern in Kentucky either.

Karl, first of all, I think your the last person I would want to bail me out of anything.

Second of all..Your the one that has brought up the Rainbow divers not me. I have two very good friends that are what you call "Rainbow" and I have swapped regs with them!

I do hope your aware that HIV and AIDS is not just located to the gay population. You ever heard of Magic Johnson? Or that boxer Tommy something with HIV???

jbd once bubbled...
issue has been discussed in the recent past; I believe in the I2I forum. Possibly in a thread about buddy breathing.

OMG ....HE LIVES....

CincyBengalsFan once bubbled...
I know of a shop that required people to purchase their own mouthpieces for class and there was never one complaint.

The LDS that I did my OW training at provides two mouth pieces as part of the package. They weren't teaching donating the primary, but at least you knew the mouth pieces you were using where clean.

1) I don't know you and I spy you on the bottom obviously in trouble and OOA. IE THE LAST DIVE scenario. Nice guy that I am I donate and rescue you and in return while telling me you are indebted to me forever you also hit me with the fact that you have aids. I will replace the mouthpiece and service the reg. Might even buy you a lifetime subscription to POS.

2) I do know you and have shown you what a great spirit I am and dive with you allowing you to share my water. Trust me, I will know your current condition and will have either a mouthpiece condom or realize that all regs have replacable mouthpieces.

The virus that causes aids doesnt last long on contact with air. In fact most mouth washes and household detergents will kill it quite effectively.

I read some of your threads from yesterday. Just seems like somethin is crawlin on ya. Personally I hope everything is good for you. Believe me I have coped with and whupped some serious depression.

Once you realize its all about love life is one big sliding board.
Just slide baby!.

:)

Charlie99 once bubbled...
Just in case you don't have enough to worry about CincyBengal ..... don't forget that the same danger exists whenever your buddy has a combo power inflator/octo.

This is very true. Hadn't thought of that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom