DIR Web Site with lots of info.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In this section he discusses weighting. I have basically the same set up as him (TLS 350 and Andy's ST1000 -100 weight thinsulate) but he uses a aluminum BP and he says he's diving with no weight. WOW! I'll tell ya, the way I keep having to drop weight I can see his point. It just doesn't seem real to me! 6 lbs or less in cold water. Holly cow!

Here is his passage on weight for a Drysuit. Please provide any thoughts.

DRYSUIT

Still working this out (depends on undergarments). I have a DUI trilaminate suit with 5mm hood. With minimal undergarments (polartec 100 undergarments and t-shirt) I require no extra weight with my aluminium backplate and an empty aluminium tank. With thicker undergarments I currently use:

Canister light (EE PRO 6) with 3 pound weight belt or just a 6 pound weight belt (worn under harness, in fresh water I can get rid off the weight belt altogether)

I am considering replacing buying a stainless back plate for drysuit diving. When I buy thicker thermals (DUI 400gram thinsulate) I expect to need an additional 3 to 6 pounds and would rather have this in the backplate to promote horizntal trim. I would expect to use a 6 pound weight belt (or light and 3 pound belt) with aluminium tank and stainless backplate in salt water and just a canister light with the stainless backplate in fresh water.

thanks for the link. a good site with some good info as i am always interested in some info on dir. im hoping to feel ready for a fundy class late next summer.

idratherbediving:
thanks for the link. a good site with some good info as i am always interested in some info on dir. im hoping to feel ready for a fundy class late next summer.

Sure thing!

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom