diva lx BCD

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For you ladies who are diving with the Diva LX, I just bought one and need some weighting information. I have always had problems with not being able to stay down even when wearing 20 #'s of weight with my old back inflation BCD. Will I be able to wear less weight with the Diva LX as it is a much better fit than my old made for mens torso BCD?

Thanks,
Suzanne
:mermaid:

I'm with the majority here.
I have had my Diva for over a year now and completed around 50 dives with it so far… love it love it love it.
It is so comfy with the padding and lumbar support. Yes the lack of front strap also gives a feeling of freedom whilst remaining secure. I love the adjustable cumerbund as I am a bit on the skinny side, so to actually feel a bcd snug around me for the first time ever was and still is a rare treat.
If you buy a new one, you will also have the surelock attachment for the weight releases which is a definite plus, as I am very aware of the potential for the velcro wearing loose.
Thanks for the warning too Iani, it reminds me, mine is due for a service round about now, so I should take heed.
I have just had six weeks of solid diving and did not experience back pain or problems once, which I am sure is completely down to the balance and support of the diva jacket.
I know what you mean about the packing thing, but as this was my first owned bcd, I did not know otherwise, so am just used to the bulk issue now. I just have to take less clothes!

I have a Seaquest Diva size M for sale. I have loved diving with it and only hope I like the Lady Hawk half as well. Let me know if you want me to email photos. I am purchasing a Lady Hawk with Air2.

scubajeanie,
do you still have your Diva for sale? What size does a M fit. I have been trying to decide between a Lady Hawk and a Diva LX. Since I'm a new diver I have been thinking of starting with a good used BC. Some ladies here use the Lady Hawk and absolutely swear by it.

I had a Seaquest Diva and hated it for COLD WATER diving, and I see you are from an area that has that so I'm going to assume you do some of it.

It was great for warm water, when you have less weight. In cold water you wear so much more weight that during surface swims I had the bladder completely full of air. This caused an extreme squeeze around my body and I hated long swims.

I have since switched to a back inflate and would never go back....

smrtblnddiver:
I had a Seaquest Diva and hated it for COLD WATER diving, and I see you are from an area that has that so I'm going to assume you do some of it.

It was great for warm water, when you have less weight. In cold water you wear so much more weight that during surface swims I had the bladder completely full of air. This caused an extreme squeeze around my body and I hated long swims.

I have since switched to a back inflate and would never go back....

Melanie,

Did you have the LX with the wing, or the.....hmmmm forgot the other letters, I want to say QD but I don't think that's right. Well, the LX or the other one :)

Peace,
Cathie

[/QUOTE]I'd have to agree with all of you ladies. I love my Diva LX. You all have neglected to mention the most important reason; scoopability. The wrap style cummerbund keeps your bust scooped up rather than squashed like those man-style BCDs. Scoopability is a good thing!

CuriousMe:
Melanie,

Did you have the LX with the wing, or the.....hmmmm forgot the other letters, I want to say QD but I don't think that's right. Well, the LX or the other one :)

Peace,
Cathie

I think it was the "other one" but I sold it about 2 years ago so I'm not sure anymore.....

Hi,
Recently upgraded to new SeaQuest BCD with weight integrated sure-lock thingy.
QUESTION: How many weights do you put in each sure-lock pocket? and by tank-strap? How much do the weights weigh?
Do you mostly use the soft weights? or hard weights?
ANY FEEDBACK APPRECIATED.
I thought I could use my old soft weights (the kind that velcro around a weight belt)... but the ones I have seem to be a really tight fit into the sure-lock pockets.
Sincerely,
Trish the Fish
trish3fish@yahoo.com

Hi ladies! I've decided on getting the Diva LX. The fit is great! Now, I'm having trouble deciding whether the surelock is worth the extra money. Any opinions???

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom