Dive Boat Etiquette.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Everyone has at least one or two "good" dive boat stories.
The dive boat experience is a large part of diving.

As the previous posts have said one way or the other, safety and comfort are paramount.

I would like to add one more issue. That is, keep an eye on each other. What I mean is let's make sure everyone is back on the boat. Leaving divers in the water has become too common an occurance recently. I'm suggesting that if that buddy team that you were visiting with on the way out to the dive site isn't with their gear when the boat is ready to pull out, ask the crew their whereabouts. Talk to another buddy pair and ask them to make sure you're accounted for after each dive. You can offer to reciprocate. This is also a good way to enlarge dive acquaintances.

The couple that was left in the water in the Keys overnight by Aquanuts wouuld probably have appreciated someone noticing that they weren't onboard.

Boat captians and DM's can get overwhelmed with a full boat and everyone moving around apres dive. Some crews still only do a headcount. As always we each must take responsibility for safety.

Just my .02
DSAO

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom