Dive Computer Recommendations....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use two DC, my primary already mention, is the Mares Puck Pro, it is a great DC and is very affordable price wise, the down part is that it does not come with the PC USB cable included, my secondary is a Suunto D4I, hate/love somethings about it, but it is probably the smallest DC there is, I used as my daily watch as well, they come with the PC USB cable included have the option for a transmitter, but they are not cheap, and I don't like the Suunto Dive log software I preffer the Mares Dive log software, the Suunto was a gift and that is why I have it, and I wanted a backup DC so the gift was spot on.

---------- Post added June 22nd, 2015 at 02:43 PM ----------

Petrel is hands down the best DC, but IMHO, it is more for tec diving, way overkill for recreational diving and staying inside the NDL, but it is not small, so it doesn't fit that description of what you are looking for, if you want to brag about having a Petrel and lookinga little dumb if you are using it for recreational diving only you can choose one, definately it is the best out there.

Not small and compact or wrist mounted....but replaces your entire dive console with air, depth, and compass. Maybe wider than a 3 gauge console, but shorter. I LOVE my Oceanic pro plus for around $400. Numbers are huge and easy to read and will also figure remaining dive time at air consumption and depth. Almost has too many alarms but all can be turned off if you get tired of the beeping. I bought my wife a Mares Puck and it's a good computer for around. $200 but she wants my Oceanic. Big numbers, bright back light, great battery life, and everything else you asked for including air integrated. Worth a look. They do have a quick attach option which would make it more convenient to set in an airport.....but also another oring to fail...... Good luck!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom