Dive Computers !!! Help....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I agree with you... I always plan my Dives using my tables first...Best Regards

I agree the tables should be used to PLAN but why not use an air intergrated computer that will take into fact your current depth/conditions and air consumption under water allowing you to become a better diver and get more diving out of your trip.

I agree ....(just don't forget your how to use your tables!)
...Air integrated vs non-air integrated / console vs wrist mount is a personal preference : whatever makes you feel more comfortable
- just make sure (if you have the $) to get a Nitrox capable computer - I didn't when I got my first one (although has been several years) and am now needing to upgrade as I starting to do some Nitrox dives (I should have paid the extra few $ in the first place!)
...another point to consider (that Cobra or Vyper have), is that if in the very distant future you decide to go for some "tec" diving - the "guage mode" is very useful (both those computers have air/nitrox/guage modes)

Tampabay:
Thank you but which ones are best for the beginner diver? I also use the tables. Best Regards,Rey

Rey my wife and I use Suunto, the Gekko and the Cobra. IMHO both computers are great were very easy to learn how to use. Both are nitrox capable and are all around solid computers.
About using tables, my wife and I dilegently use or tables to find out pressure groups after dives and on multiple dives, but your going to find that once you start using a computer and getting credit for your multi-level dives the tables get blown out of the water. We dove multi-level in St Lucia and were well within our computer limits and once we tried to figure out our pressure group we were off the tables. We still use the tables on every dive for planning (use the computer for planning also and use the tables as backup) and to find or relative pressure groups, however the computer has become the prevailing voice on no deco limits for our dive due to the credit for lesser depths during our dives.
Once you get a computer and start using it you'll love the extra time it gives you....

Thank you...I have been shopping for one and the Cobra suunto always comes up.. It must be a great dive computer... The price is very a bit high but it must be worth it..
My buddy use the Genesis React Pro and like it...I was looking at the Cobra myself.. Again thanks...

Tampabay:
Thank you...I have been shopping for one and the Cobra suunto always comes up.. It must be a great dive computer... The price is very a bit high but it must be worth it..
My buddy use the Genesis React Pro and like it...I was looking at the Cobra myself.. Again thanks...

From what I researched on Sunnto dive computers, they tend to show the temperature slower than any other dive computers. I may be wrong though. Good luck!

-wildmtn

before i bought my UWATEC Alladin pro ultra i had used two different Dive Rite NiTek's. one was a buddy's back up and the other was one of my instructors. Both of them failed on me. the first one was luckily at about 20 ft during my ascent, but the second was at 130 feet in the middle of my dive. Needless to say I did not buy that computer.

Like someone already said, the only problem i have with my alladin is that it is only programable in 2% increments, but thats easy to get over.

Good Luck

Tampabay:
Look at the Gekko it doesn't have air-intergration but it is almost half the price if the Cobra with most of the Cobra's functionality. Cobra is around $550 tp $650 depending on compass quick disconnect or just the console alone. The Gekko is around $300 for the wrist and around $360 for the console w/ SPG....

Thanks... I will check it out..I found the cobra to be $900.00 + tax at the LDS. Including the compass, Dive manger,and quick release...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom