dive day for Seattle area people?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

... much better. I'm still limping around on it, but it dosent hurt nearly as much as it did even a week ago! I'm hoping to do some diving this weekend if all goes well!:)

Kayla:)

We had a great time. My wife an I dove with Jimmie ... and met later with his wife Linda for a BBQ. I also met Bwerb, Gear Head, and some other folks from both here and the Northwestdiver board.

Vis was better than average, you couldn't ask for a nicer day to go diving, and the company was great.

One funny story to relate. My wife and I had plans to visit a friend who recently purchased a house in Brown's Point ... on the opposite side of Commencement Bay from where we were diving. We left the group and headed over there ... roughly a 1/2 hour drive around the bay. Upon arriving, we were treated to a spectacular view of the bay from their living room window. Our friends have a Celestron telescope set up looking out so they can watch eagles nesting in a tree over at Pt. Defiance (across roughly two miles of water). Looking out, we decided to see if we could find Les Davis ... to show them where we'd just been diving. Sure enough, we not only found the dive site ... we saw all the folks we'd left (by now) more than an hour earlier still standing around talking. I called Jimmie on the cell phone and told him to turn around and wave ... :D

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

.. to hear that you had a great time! Maybe we will try to do something again soon!:)

NWGratefulDiver once bubbled...
<snip>
(...)we saw all the folks we'd left (by now) more than an hour earlier still standing around talking. I called Jimmie on the cell phone and told him to turn around and wave ... :D
You know what's even worse than that? I had a 4pm commitment that day that I totally spaced on, too boot! I had such a great time talking to bwerb, his wife, Jeff and Mike that I totally lost track of time. D'oh!

I look forward to the next get-together!

Jimmie

We also had a great time diving and just meeting & talking with everyone (as Grateful Diver mentioned, we all talked for quite some time after finishing our last dive). Bwerb & I had some trouble with tanks...we drove down from Vancouver, Canada & after arriving & hooking up our gear, realized that one of our tanks wasn't filled (750 psi!), then we accidentally knocked my rig off the tailgate of our truck & it blew an o-ring & drained the tank to 500 psi in about 1 min. (the noise was so loud that the other divers heard it underwater!). But just to highlite what a great group it was, Gearhead had an extra tank & Grateful diver always carries a small spare tank of air in his "save-a-dive" kit so we were able to do two dives that day anyway!! Thanks again to everyone we met - it was a blast!:D

... I think that it is so awesome the you ALL had a good time. I learned early on to never make other commitments on dive days.... you just get in trouble for missing them, something ALWAYS comes up. Also, I can't count how many times we have had to dig into our (extensive) save-a-dive kit. It has saved many of our dives, and a few other people's too. I would really like to plan another dive sometime if you guys are up for it..... it would be nice to meet all of you! Until then... dive safe!:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom