Dive destination suggestions, beginner diver, 3 weeks in october

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I've just been in Coron for the last 6 days if you want some up to date info.

Did my AOWC for 13500 pesos with Seadive Resort (the biggest dive shop in town). You need your advanced to do swimthroughs of the wrecks or visit any of the deeper ones (I. e. most of the big ships, although there's at least one big tanker you can dive with OW).

Fun dives are probably better with another shop though, because being a bigger outfit Seadive can have some shocking diver to DM ratios. A nearby Chinese shop called Air Divers it something was offering three fun dives for 2600 pesos, including lunch, Park fees, etc.

Accommodation is cheap if you haggle or bundle it with diving. We got an air con double room for 450 pesos at Seadive (which is literally full of other divers even in low season).

The wrecks are simply amazing and as long as you're comfortable with your buoyancy control you should have no problems going inside (some dive shops here are pretty lax about qualifications and will take OW divers inside, although that's probably not the smartest choice).

Wow! Thanks for all of the replies!

My plans changed a bit. I ended up on an island in New Zealand's Hauraki Gulf for a month and wasn't able to sell off my ski/snowboard gear. I'm back home now, going to take a Wilderness First Responder course and work through winter. Next April I'll be moving somewhere for a few months near diving, so I'm sure there will be more questions. haha

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom