Dive hair

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Leave your hair the way it is, put on a ton of make up, and wear a cut-off 1980's Twisted Sister shirt. .....or i'm sure the conditioner thing works just as good.

I must not be shopping in the right places for hair stuff because I use Pantene Pro V deep conditioner all the time and haven't seen the spray on stuff, thanks.
I just feel better if I've washed my face with clean water and brushed my hair. I don't ever wear make up or really care what I look like on the boat trip back but it's nice to feel human after a dive.
Thanks!

My hair is about to my bra and thick, I used TREsemme' conditioner,I bought the biggest bottle the store had. While in the shower put in conditioner, comb it threw, leave in while soaping up body parts, rinse.Soft hair!TIP for long hair when combing it out. Get wide tooth comb,and always comb it from the ends and work your way to the top.Infusium 23 leave in conditioner works great for after dives,Leaves it soft and shiny. Hope this helps,Turtle Gal

Thanks for the dive hair tip. I'll try it this weekend. Between the salt water and the dive hood, I look pretty scary after dives. My hubby always wants to go out to eat after a dive too. He puts on a hat and looks great. I put on a hat and still look bad. Maybe the conditioner will help.

i tried the redken sun creme product and it worked very well. i put it wet hair then braided my hair. after my dives i undid my braid and finger combed a bit more through my hair. i have thin medium length hair that is always breaking and this did help.

When I had long hair (down to my waist) I always dove with it in pigtail braids. Held up pretty well and then for the rest of the day you just have that cutesy pigtail look. Now that my hair is shorter I can just brush it out post dive--that and I'm a big fan of bandanas.

I have long, very highlighted hair. When I dive, I wear a do-rag. Not only does it prevent ripping it out with the mask, but there are hardly any tangles post-dive. I also use Sheer Blonde Spotlight. A pea-sized amount distributed through wet hair makes it comb through like it's silk (prevents the breakage). You can get it at any drugstore for about $5 and it lasts a long time (since you use so little). If the hair just won't cooperate after (since you can't style it), I usually wear the do-rag with a cute straw cowboy hat. Pair that with a tank top and no one's looking at your hair! :wink:

leigh:
When I had long hair (down to my waist) I always dove with it in pigtail braids. Held up pretty well and then for the rest of the day you just have that cutesy pigtail look. Now that my hair is shorter I can just brush it out post dive--that and I'm a big fan of bandanas.

I'm finally fed up, and going to chop mine off this weekend. It's not so much post dive that's the problem, it's the rest of the time (work, exercising, camping...)

I've always used a product called Aussie Hair Salad.......just toss it in, mix, and you're good to go. Did anyone say a salad for lunch!!!!

Cheers,
SWT

I have found a great product now! It's Shine Serum from Citron or whatever it's called. Only $4 a bottle and makes your hair nice and soft again. Keeping my hair in braids until I get out of my gear and dryed off and then using the serum seems to help. My guy always wants to go out for food and for a walk downtown after a dive when I look I stuck my finger in an electric socket. I think he does this on purpose :wink: But no more bad dive hair for me!

Back
Top Bottom