dive/hotel fiji

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

curley_gin

Reaction score
Hi,
Just found this chat place. Going to Fiji in August. Where is the best place to see big animals? Thought about Marlin Bay for a week and Sonaisali for a week. Any ideas, thoughts, suggestions?
Thanks, Ginny

I'm off to Fiji in late august,early september on my way back to New Zealand.I checked out the Tourism Fiji website and contacted the dive shops and hotels and they are all listed,from expensive to budget.All the hotels have local dive servicing from the local dive charters which will collect you from your hotel.Other island resorts offer diving but it is still mostly like I have stated.I will be staying in a budget hotel 20mins from Nadi for only $41-46 Fiji dollars per night.The Dive charter co.will charge about $90-100 dollars for 2 dives.Just enter search and enter Tourism Fiji.They will link you to the hotels and dive shops.Hope this helps...
Cheers Big Ears.
The Gasman

Curley_gin,

We're going back to Fiji in October. We were there last March'ish and loved the diving. We were in the Somosomo Strait and the soft corals stole our hearts! Signed up immediately to go back and am somewhat comfortable doing so.

Reason for the "somewhat" is not what you're asking for. We did not see "big" stuff. But the soft (and to a degree) the hard corals were enough for us to sign up for a return trip, and from that perspective, I cannot wait to return.

All that said, I have heard distressing reports about the health of the soft coral in Somosomo. I pray that the reports are not correct ... we are booked and billed to go!
If the soft corals are still happening you're in for a great trip. But, either way, I don't think that you could count on "big fish" encounters. While it could happen ... the soft coral is the big attraction should you decide to head out to Taveuni, which, of course, it not Marlin Bay. After all, there are over 300 islands in the Fiji chain! Just my two fifth's of a nickel ...

Hope this helps,
bearingboy

test

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom